• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jacob Rees Mogg LIAR LIAR LIAR!"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Just remember, JRM supports a second referendum.
    Traitor, traitor !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Or was he just voicing possible options, in the context of the debate that day?

National Referendum on the European Union - Hansard

Quite clearly he is saying there could be a three-way referendum, or two referenda, etc. that would be dealt with in the (at the time, a forthcoming bill) legislation...

I.e. it’s up for discussion and agreement.
    (But then, you probably grabbed the vid from the Indy without any further fact-checking, right?)

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Watch the video and all shall be revealed.

Oh wait, you’re just making a silly point with no substance, how droll

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Hopefully that’ll help them shed any racist behaviours they’ve picked up from you.

As for JRM, there’s a YouTube vid of him campaigning in South Shields...that takes a lot of bottle
    The Mogg in South Shields: blunt answers and ‘fat ladies’ – Channel 4 News
    Did he take his nanny with him: Flashback: When Jacob Rees-Mogg campaigned in Fife with his nanny - The Scotsman

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Where am I saying Eton is a bad school? for £38k per year I would expect good education and personally, I'm all in favor for private education, all my children go to private schools (which are higher ranked than Eton btw) as the UK state school system is amongst the worst in the developed world.

It's just you are so far removed from reality that you think that, let's say a working class person from Middlesbrough can relate to JRM in any way, yet you call him one of the people. And the other way around JRM will never be able to relate to a unemployed person living in a derelict coastal town.
    Hopefully that’ll help them shed any racist behaviours they’ve picked up from you.

As for JRM, there’s a YouTube vid of him campaigning in South Shields...that takes a lot of bottle
    The Mogg in South Shields: blunt answers and ‘fat ladies’ – Channel 4 News

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Where am I saying Eton is a bad school? for £38k per year I would expect good education and personally, I'm all in favor for private education, all my children go to private schools (which are higher ranked than Eton btw) as the UK state school system is amongst the worst in the developed world.

It's just you are so far removed from reality that you think that, let's say a working class person from Middlesbrough can relate to JRM in any way, yet you call him one of the people. And the other way around JRM will never be able to relate to a unemployed person living in a derelict coastal town.
    Blame it on my WMP.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    "Probably"? On what grounds do you make that baseless accusation.

Being an old Etonian means that he has possibly received the best education that money can buy, one that instils leadership and I would suggest that given he doesn't need the MP salary he receives that he is more "of the people and for the people" than a lot of the other Honorable Members.

Oi sas! Please come back. This tedious thick idiot bores me!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    No doubt he pays the exact amount, but what would be interesting is to know how much he would pay if he didn't avoid a lot of tax
    Probably you're one of those people saying how shameful it is that google, amazon, starbucks, facebook, etc hardly pay any tax in the uk

Being Etonian hardly qualifies as being someone of the people
    "Probably"? On what grounds do you make that baseless accusation.

Being an old Etonian means that he has possibly received the best education that money can buy, one that instils leadership and I would suggest that given he doesn't need the MP salary he receives that he is more "of the people and for the people" than a lot of the other Honorable Members.

Oi sas! Please come back. This tedious thick idiot bores me!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    I think you'll find that JRM pays exactly the correct amount of tax.

As for being a "man of the people"? What are the qualifications for that role and where does he not meet them?
    No doubt he pays the exact amount, but what would be interesting is to know how much he would pay if he didn't avoid a lot of tax
    Probably you're one of those people saying how shameful it is that google, amazon, starbucks, facebook, etc hardly pay any tax in the uk

Being Etonian hardly qualifies as being someone of the people

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Of course not, avoidance is not evasion.

But is he really a "man of the people" when his interests are clearly in his tax avoidance? There was an uproar when Cameron was found out doing it.
    I think you'll find that JRM pays exactly the correct amount of tax.

As for being a "man of the people"? What are the qualifications for that role and where does he not meet them?

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Did he do something illegal?

Are you suggesting that somehow because he didn't do something illegal he shouldn't be trusted?
    Of course not, avoidance is not evasion.

But is he really a "man of the people" when his interests are clearly in his tax avoidance? There was an uproar when Cameron was found out doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    I find it very ironic that a billionaire is touted as a man of the people.
    A tax avoiding billionaire who will make a lot of money out of brexit that is.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    I find it very ironic that a billionaire is touted as a man of the people.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Wait, you mean a partner in a hedge fund firm, who received vast sums of cash tax free via a Cayman Islands vehicle and doesn't declare it in the UK, is not entirely trustworthy?

It's why I doubt he has any visions of becoming PM, there's no way he's giving all that up. His anti-EU rhetoric is about continuing his tax avoidance on that income rather than giving it up to become PM.
    Did he do something illegal?

Are you suggesting that somehow because he didn't do something illegal he shouldn't be trusted?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X