• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jacob Rees Mogg LIAR LIAR LIAR!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

But are his pants on fire.? These are the important questions that need answering in the Brexit debate

Comment

Lies are the new truth

Comment

Wait, you mean a partner in a hedge fund firm, who received vast sums of cash tax free via a Cayman Islands vehicle and doesn't declare it in the UK, is not entirely trustworthy?

It's why I doubt he has any visions of becoming PM, there's no way he's giving all that up. His anti-EU rhetoric is about continuing his tax avoidance on that income rather than giving it up to become PM.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          Wait, you mean a partner in a hedge fund firm, who received vast sums of cash tax free via a Cayman Islands vehicle and doesn't declare it in the UK, is not entirely trustworthy?

It's why I doubt he has any visions of becoming PM, there's no way he's giving all that up. His anti-EU rhetoric is about continuing his tax avoidance on that income rather than giving it up to become PM.
          Did he do something illegal?

Are you suggesting that somehow because he didn't do something illegal he shouldn't be trusted?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I find it very ironic that a billionaire is touted as a man of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              I find it very ironic that a billionaire is touted as a man of the people.
              A tax avoiding billionaire who will make a lot of money out of brexit that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Did he do something illegal?

Are you suggesting that somehow because he didn't do something illegal he shouldn't be trusted?
                Of course not, avoidance is not evasion.

But is he really a "man of the people" when his interests are clearly in his tax avoidance? There was an uproar when Cameron was found out doing it.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                  Of course not, avoidance is not evasion.

But is he really a "man of the people" when his interests are clearly in his tax avoidance? There was an uproar when Cameron was found out doing it.
                  I think you'll find that JRM pays exactly the correct amount of tax.

As for being a "man of the people"? What are the qualifications for that role and where does he not meet them?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    I think you'll find that JRM pays exactly the correct amount of tax.

As for being a "man of the people"? What are the qualifications for that role and where does he not meet them?
                    No doubt he pays the exact amount, but what would be interesting is to know how much he would pay if he didn't avoid a lot of tax
                    Probably you're one of those people saying how shameful it is that google, amazon, starbucks, facebook, etc hardly pay any tax in the uk

Being Etonian hardly qualifies as being someone of the people

Comment

Working...
                    X