• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Democracy

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Democracy"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    We know. Every post you makes simply bellows "Me Me Me!!"

Weren't you hugged enough as a small child?

I bet he was last picked at kickball!

He's a font of misplaced rage. Name your cliché; mother held him too much or not enough, last picked at kickball, late night sneaky uncle, whatever. Now he's so angry moments of levity actually cause him pain; gives him headaches. Happiness, for that gentleman, hurts.

Leave a comment:

• gnarledcontractor
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    So was May...

I'm not angry, other than at the many who think that because they lost a democratic vote that they have a divine right to insult people who voted the other way, and cry foul over something that hasn't happened yet and won't pan out for several years.
    Exactly this... One of the most disappointing things about the whole referendum has been Brits turning on Brits and the level of insults and vitriol flowing back and forth.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Class. Joking about child abuse.
    Oof

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Think he was hugged to much by that special Uncle.

Class. Joking about child abuse.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Think he was hugged to much by that special Uncle.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Indeed I want
    We know. Every post you makes simply bellows "Me Me Me!!"

Weren't you hugged enough as a small child?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    OK so that's the remoaners covered why don't they just get over it? - you lost
    Indeed I want a pure and true Brexit with no ties to the EU at all.
    That way any myths about the UK can be dispelled once and for all.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Only in the heads of cretins.

OK so that's the remoaners covered why don't they just get over it? - you lost

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Which translated into English means "yes".

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Is that an EU edict?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It's only democratic when they win.

Is that an EU edict?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Heard the CEO of YouGov on the radio saying that according to their calculations, over the last two years the number of older, mainly Brexit voters who have died, and the number of younger, mainly Remain voters who have reached voting age means that a poll today would return a result 52/48 in favour of Remain.

So 'it's the will of the people' would no longer seem to apply.
    Maybe the sub-gammons of 2 years ago have now aged into fully fledged gammons.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    As far as they're concerned, it wasn't democratic, otherwise they'd all shrug and get on with it, and not spit venom and bile towards anyone who doesn't agree with them.
    That sounds like both sides in this forum so far as i've seen

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

D'ya think?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    As far as they're concerned, it wasn't democratic, otherwise they'd all shrug and get on with it, and not spit venom and bile towards anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X