• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Poll : Where are we heading?"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    That's quite ironic, considering the leave voter mantra.
    Where's that then?

Does it have a nice tune?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

And as usual Spooters solutions involve rewriting history and fantasy.
    That's quite ironic, considering the leave voter mantra.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    not all of them.
    Well said!!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    so we not only get to stop subsidising the EU we get shot of the Scots, Wales & Ireland. Blimey we would be rich!

not all of them.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    The real topic the Tories should be discussing is not about what deal they can make, but rather do they want to be responsible for dissolving the union. Cause that's where it's heading. Then you'll really have 'little England'.

The vote should never have been held in the first place and Cameron should be sent to Azkaban.

so we not only get to stop subsidising the EU we get shot of the Scots, Wales & Ireland. Blimey we would be rich!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Fook that. No way am I joining a queue that stretches to Inverness!!

I'll set em up, you can knock em down

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    The longest path would actually start by heading South.

Thicko.
    Geographically, you are correct. However, most in the queue would have to have drowned, so it doesn't really work (much like most of your ideas).
    In the original form it does work as a gag, which just goes to show you've been living in Germany so long your sense of humour (such as it was) has long since been dissolved.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    And it starts in Munich, going east...
    The longest path would actually start by heading South.

Thicko.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

And it starts in Munich, going east...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Call me stupid

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Problem is and always was, that there is no Brexit route that doesn't require a border (including the crash out) so someone is going to have to concede. We either stay in the EU, leave under some kind of terms with a border, or leave with some kind of terms and no border. As we've seen over the past 2 years though, none of these options works for any party. Absolute buggers muddle

Would love to be a fly on the wall of the EU internal meetings and hear what the Ireland premier really thinks.

The real topic the Tories should be discussing is not about what deal they can make, but rather do they want to be responsible for dissolving the union. Cause that's where it's heading. Then you'll really have 'little England'.

The vote should never have been held in the first place and Cameron should be sent to Azkaban.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Ok so no other EU country has a land border with a non EU country?

Is that really true?
    Okay let me rephrase a land border with passport control.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Yeh, you do a lot of that, - must be a PM
    Well done, you've read some of my old posts where i've said I'm a PM
    It would but it can't because Canada does not share a land border with the republic of Ireland! It is astounding the number of prominent leave MP's who don't get that. If the UK wants a Canada style agreement then build a wall in Ireland. Soon we'll be back to the good ole days of IRA bombings in England.
    Ok so no other EU country has a land border with a non EU country?

Is that really true?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    It would but it can't because Canada does not share a land border with the republic of Ireland! It is astounding the number of prominent leave MP's who don't get that. If the UK wants a Canada style agreement then build a wall in Ireland. Soon we'll be back to the good ole days of IRA bombings in England.
    Problem is and always was, that there is no Brexit route that doesn't require a border (including the crash out) so someone is going to have to concede. We either stay in the EU, leave under some kind of terms with a border, or leave with some kind of terms and no border. As we've seen over the past 2 years though, none of these options works for any party. Absolute buggers muddle

Would love to be a fly on the wall of the EU internal meetings and hear what the Ireland premier really thinks.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm all for that. I'm sure the majority of people in NI are too. You can bet your bottom dollar Scotland will demand the same.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X