• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: May's speech

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "May's speech"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    This came up on LBC this morning.

Some idiot accussing Churchill of being worse than Hitler.

Tom Swarbrick's Fiery Row With Activist Who Calls Churchill "World's Worst Criminal" - LBC

They then had a couple of experts one from each side. The anti Winston supported quoted a few exclamations an aide had recorded, the Pro Churchill supporter quoted official correspondence.

Here is the rebuttal from the pro Churchill side.

Books, Arts & Curiosities - Absent Churchill, India’s 1943 Famine Would Have Been Worse - The International Churchill Society

Did Churchill Cause the Bengal Famine? - The Churchill Project - Hillsdale College

actions do seem to speak louder than words.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Probably to get away from the ignominy of being relate to a slack-jawed cabbage-brained blowhard like you. I'm surprised they only went as far as Canada.

They are booked on the Mars Flight

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Most of her family live in Canada, with the exception of her brother who lives in Argentina. Can't think why they left this wonderful, 'great' Britain.
    Probably to get away from the ignominy of being relate to a slack-jawed cabbage-brained blowhard like you. I'm surprised they only went as far as Canada.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

And your head seems to be so far up AtW's arse you can probably see sasguru's feet!!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

He is still working in the Telecoms field, a huge growth industry, 25 years on. I guess it explains his foresight, having selected a career path in an area that has done nothing but expand since he first had the good sense and vision to join it.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

It's also interesting he says he was building mobile phone networks 25 years ago in India given the very first mobile phone call was only 23 years ago (On this day 20 years ago, the first mobile phone call was made in India - News18).
    What I SAID was that I was in India in the 1990s building mobile networks. 1995 to be exact.
    Which marries up nicely with your own linky!

I guess you didn't cover basic arithmetic at school, preferring of course to lick the windows I expect.

As for "blindly following orders" in the Military. You again show your complete lack of knowledge about how a professional Army like ours actually operates.

But that approach is pretty much par for the course with morons like you, obsessed as you are with inventing the circumstances that suit your warped argument then stubbornly sticking to them despite all evidence to the contrary.

And your head seems to be so far up AtW's arse you can probably see sasguru's feet!!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    She doesn't want her Family & friends knowing she married you??

Most of her family live in Canada, with the exception of her brother who lives in Argentina. Can't think why they left this wonderful, 'great' Britain.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Feckin cold too. My wife's a Scot and wild horses wouldn't drag her back north.

She doesn't want her Family & friends knowing she married you??

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    This is what some chaps at Oxford think. The suggestion is not that there is poor schooling but poor attendance.

There does also seem to be a large gender bias.

progress of school education in India | Oxford Review of Economic Policy | Oxford Academic

Doesn't seem we can walk away with massive pride but it was a similar journey to us.

At independence, India inherited a legacy of large-scale illiteracy and lack of proper provision for education. At the first post-independence census of 1951, only 9 per cent of women and 27 per cent of men were literate.
    That is probably because like much of England full participation in government funded education is a relatively recent event (1870-1944 depending on your viewpoint). Most early education was church or employer managed.

History of education in England - Wikipedia

India since independence has tried to catch up.

It was resolved by the framers of the constitution that the new Indian state would endeavour to provide free and compulsory education to all children up to age 14 by 1960. This goal turned out to be elusive and the deadline for its achievement has been put back repeatedly in the past 55 years. While even today this goal remains unfulfilled

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Would you live in Scotland? It's a lovely place but FFS, the locals are savages!
    Feckin cold too. My wife's a Scot and wild horses wouldn't drag her back north.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Would you live in Scotland? It's a lovely place but FFS, the locals are savages!
    “I am sure it will be along just after they have finished working on the runaway coward one that depicts you fleeing your native country when they suggested you take up a rifle in its defence.

I am sure you will be able to adopt it as your Company logo if you talk to Admin nicely........the white feathers with the yellow streak down the back.............very "You"!”

Looks like shauny was talking about himself here

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ironically enough shauny is from Scotland, but he ooves i. Devon - why did you run away your country???

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Ironically enough shauny is from Scotland, but he ooves i. Devon - why did you run away your country???

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Essentially shaun “served” around HQ doing some radio fixing, very safe and protected, that was when he wasn’t peeling potatos for HQ kitchen for having a very big mouth.

He is still doing radios 25 years on, I guess it explains his bitterness and general lack of brains - you should not have walked in front of that active radar shauny!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Don't rise to him AtW, he's a little child with his name calling and just trolls to get people to bite. For me it's more cowardly to blindly follow orders if those orders are immoral and unethical rather than standing up for what you believe. I'm guessing, although having never been in your shoes I can only guess, that the decision to not follow those kinds of orders and actually uproot and head to another country is much more difficult than taking the easy route and going with the rest of the sheeple. But then the only orders he's followed is how many potatoes to peel.

It's also interesting he says he was building mobile phone networks 25 years ago in India given the very first mobile phone call was only 23 years ago (On this day 20 years ago, the first mobile phone call was made in India - News18). He really was ahead of his time (or maybe he's talking bull). Will be interesting what story he makes up next .... maybe he also helped to build the Taj Mahal or was an advisor to Ghandi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X