• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SETI scientists spot 72 signals 'from alien galaxy' 3bn light years away"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    It would probably take full planetary scale alien invasion yo make Swindon desireable...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    It was back in 2005 so maybe Swindon has got better since then

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    True story bro.
    Yup. Quite literally couldn't make something that strange up. It was back in 2005 so maybe Swindon has got better since then

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Someone tried to mug me once there when finished working late on a client site. Worst attempt at a mugging ever - Swindon even has crap muggers!

True story ..... me and colleague from Deloitte just finished late night at client. Walking to taxi rank when chap walks up to us, takes an inhale of a helium balloon and says "give me your wallet". I asked him why he took an inhale of helium first, and he said it was to disguise his voice so I wouldn't be able to describe it to police. I pointed out that I can see what he looks like (a little runt, by the way) so I don't need to hear him to describe him to police. I then duly told him to flunk off. He said, yeah, fair enough, worth a try though eh? Then walked off. See, worse attempted mugging ever!

I bet this guy, if he's not in jail, voted for Brexit
    True story bro.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Save yer tears for Swindon...
    Someone tried to mug me once there when finished working late on a client site. Worst attempt at a mugging ever - Swindon even has crap muggers!

True story ..... me and colleague from Deloitte just finished late night at client. Walking to taxi rank when chap walks up to us, takes an inhale of a helium balloon and says "give me your wallet". I asked him why he took an inhale of helium first, and he said it was to disguise his voice so I wouldn't be able to describe it to police. I pointed out that I can see what he looks like (a little runt, by the way) so I don't need to hear him to describe him to police. I then duly told him to flunk off. He said, yeah, fair enough, worth a try though eh? Then walked off. See, worse attempted mugging ever!

I bet this guy, if he's not in jail, voted for Brexit

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Aliens are trying to communicate with us to say that Brexit is moronic, you’ve heard it on here first!!!
    No they're just saying they will come and take all our jobs and they have the best off shore developers in the universe

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    FTFY
    well at least in Brussels they will be pre pickled. Imagine JC Drunker may save us as the aliens will be too pissed to invade!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You have to be quite an ignorant, insular, un-travelled idiot if you think that of all places on earth that aliens would choose to go to it would be the drizzly, dirty, pot-holey 2nd rate tuliphole that is Brussels:laugh
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    They would. If we did what we need to do they'd not be able to come and take all our council houses and jobs.
    You have to be quite an ignorant, insular, un-travelled idiot if you think that of all places on earth that aliens would choose to go to it would be the drizzly, dirty, pot-holey 2nd rate tuliphole that is the UK

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    in Swindon? - you're 'avin a larf guv!
    Swindonians are dimwitted. If it doesn't look like vegetables, it's meat.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Those particular aliens were from Uranus...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    They're vegetarians.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Sounds like they’ve torn him a new one
    They're vegetarians.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    They caught a whiff of DimPrawn's kebab are dispatched 72 probes for further analysis.
    Sounds like they’ve torn him a new one

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    yeh, - worked there, too
    kraphole
    They caught a whiff of DimPrawn's kebab are dispatched 72 probes for further analysis.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X