• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pound falls to lowest level in a year as Brexit sell-off gathers pace"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It’s being delivered by DFS in 2030...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    So you won't be taking your shiny new sofa with you...
    It’s owned by DFS unil 2030...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Hard Brexit Euro/Pound rate 1.0
    Boris Johnson becomes Prime Minister 1.5
    Rees-Mogg appointed Chancellor 2.0
    Rees-Mogg lowers taxes and increases spending for the "Brexit dividend" 3.0
    Inflation up at 8%, interest rates manipulated down 4.0
    Scottish Independence 5.0
    Tories kicked out, Corbyn installed as prime minister 10
    City banks exit Britain 20
    Coummunist State declared 100
    Mass unemployment IMF bail out 200
    Wales, Northern Ireland and Yorkshire Independence 1000
    .....hyperinflation

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    The only Ponzi scheme in this equation is the Euro itself. And the real gamble is "could the markets regard it as too big to fail"? Over to the expert...
    You have to be extraordinarily stupid to think that in what's coming next year the Euro is at more risk than the Pound.
    But then you are, in fact, extraordinarily stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I can pack my tulip and go in 5 minutes if necessary, can save loads in tax if I move to Germany (nevermind places like Monaco) - that’s freedom of movement, the only freedom you’ve got is to bitch about foreigners who took yer VB6 job
    So you won't be taking your shiny new sofa with you...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I have about 60K in a Uk a/c. Should have converted it earlier. Still I guess I can use it to buy a property when the whole Ponzi scheme comes tumbling down. All it needs is some sort of external shock. Hmmmm, wonder what that might be?
    The only Ponzi scheme in this equation is the Euro itself. And the real gamble is "could the markets regard it as too big to fail"? Over to the expert...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I can pack my tulip and go in 5 minutes if necessary, can save loads in tax if I move to Germany (nevermind places like Monaco) - that’s freedom of movement, the only freedom you’ve got is to bitch about foreigners who took yer VB6 job
    IF Brexit THEN
    GOTO EU
    ELSE
    STOP Whinging
    END IF

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    That should be enough to buy a jacket potato with one cheap filling after Brexit
    So all your wealth is going to vanish soon and you will be taxed to death, and you are still living in a flat in Brum.

If you know Britain is about to collapse and we will all be starving in the streets, and you are still here, what does this say about your intelligence?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I have about 60K in a Uk a/c. Should have converted it earlier. Still I guess I can use it to buy a property when the whole Ponzi scheme comes tumbling down. All it needs is some sort of external shock. Hmmmm, wonder what that might be?
    That should be enough to buy a jacket potato with one cheap filling after Brexit

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Fiscal means to be able prop something up and political will to do so are completely different things. There will come a time when Herr Fritz will say "Nein".
    This tells me you don't really understand modern Germany.
    But anyway in practical terms while the Germans use the Euro and have their savings in Euros, it's a safe currency.
    They've certainly learned the lesson of the 20s.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Split between CHF (mostly) and EUR.
    Whatever happens to the EU and I do think in the long run it will split into two tiers, EUR is now essential Germany's currency and the Germany economy is solid enough (for now) to override weakness in the pheriphery.
    Fiscal means to be able prop something up and political will to do so are completely different things. There will come a time when Herr Fritz will say "Nein".

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Same, thought too late to hedge. The hedging currency was a tricky one as well, EUR and CHF are out, and USD is also dodgy. JPY? CND? AUD?
    Split between CHF (mostly) and EUR.
    Whatever happens to the EU and I do think in the long run it will split into two tiers, EUR is now essential Germany's currency and the Germany economy is solid enough (for now) to override weakness in the pheriphery.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Same, thought too late to hedge. The hedging currency was a tricky one as well, EUR and CHF are out, and USD is also dodgy. JPY? CND? AUD?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X