• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "We want our Pasties and to eat them too"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Pea wet will still have protected geographical indication status.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The cornish pasty was originally made with savoury on 1 side and sweet on the other.

The pastry was so thick because you were not supposed to eat, as the pasty was the staple food of the cornish tin miners and often their hands were covered in various 'toxins' and they were not able to wash them so you would eat all of the pasty except the bit you held.

Now you can get crap pasties from various 'The Cornish Pasty Co' vans parked at various service stations and rail stations - or your some greasy limp thing from your local Greggs/Sayers.

But suffice to say

http://www.carrspasties.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Another delusion of Brits is, that they think foreigners like their pasties.
    Let me shatter that dream for you, no they don't like them, so no difference with the name protected or not.
    Some of the food counters in the city supermarkets sell a conconction that's rather like a mini-pastie. Great in the morning if you're feeling a little jaded from the night before.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    The cornish pasty was originally made with savoury on 1 side and sweet on the other.

The pastry was so thick because you were not supposed to eat, as the pasty was the staple food of the cornish tin miners and often their hands were covered in various 'toxins' and they were not able to wash them so you would eat all of the pasty except the bit you held.

Now you can get crap pasties from various 'The Cornish Pasty Co' vans parked at various service stations and rail stations - or your some greasy limp thing from your local Greggs/Sayers.

But suffice to say

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Anther delusion of Erikur is that he thinks we brits give a fook who wants our pasties or not.....
    Clearly you do else this topic wouldn't exist

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Carrs of Bolton....

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Anther delusion of Erikur is that he thinks we brits give a fook who wants our pasties or not.....

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Let me shatter that dream for you, no they don't like them, so no difference with the name protected or not.
    Another delusion of Erikur is, he thinks he speaks for all foreigners and their love/hate of pasties (in all their flavours) thereof.
    Let me shatter that dream for you, no you don't, whether you think so or not.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    So long as they keep their hands off our....

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Not me mate but the impoverished Pastie makers of Cornwall might be a tadge miffed
    fook 'em. They voted for this sh1tshow.
    Same as the fishermen. And Sunderland.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    And this is what you are scared of?
    Not me mate but the impoverished Pastie makers of Cornwall might be a tadge miffed

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    And this is what you are scared of?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its a samosa you muppet!
    Really? With protected status gone then an American made Pastie could look like a Samosa couldn't it but still be marketed as a Pastie couldn't it?

Here are all the other products protected under EU law but once the great free trade treaty with the USA has been negotiated, I suspect some of those cheeses will start to look like this

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its a samosa you muppet!
    So at least it's authentically British then...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X