• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: You can't touch me

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You can't touch me"

Collapse

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Yes, but usually they are not full EU (some are i kniw) - they are local citizenships only like tge Latvian Aliens citizenship for ethnic Russians and the Spanish golden visa. You still need 5 years or more resudency tho.

I believe you can get EU citizenship quicker by marrying a Spaniard or Italian, but you still have to be resident. 1 or 2 years.
    Or you could strike it lucky and have a parent from an EU country. This has got me my EU passport despite not living there or being born there and allows my children dual nationality too. Oh, and it's only around €20 for a passport.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I think you are incorrect.

Where is the cheapest place to buy citizenship? - BBC News

It appears to be a valid route for wealthy Brexiteers who want the ability to live and work inside the Fourth Reich.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8185336.html

Cypriot citizenship can be bought as well.
    Yes, but usually they are not full EU (some are i kniw) - they are local citizenships only like tge Latvian Aliens citizenship for ethnic Russians and the Spanish golden visa. You still need 5 years or more resudency tho.

I believe you can get EU citizenship quicker by marrying a Spaniard or Italian, but you still have to be resident. 1 or 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    lets hope we don't get some of our expats back!
    You've worked hard to build your cretinocracy and you damn well don't want competition for that seasonal fruit and veg picking work!

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I smell bullsheet. You can’t get any EU citizenship without residence apart from Irish.
    I think you are incorrect.

The tiny nation of Malta recently came under fire when it announced plans to allow wealthy foreigners to obtain a passport for a 650,000 euro investment with no residency requirement, which would have made it the cheapest European Union (EU) nation in which to purchase citizenship.
    Where is the cheapest place to buy citizenship? - BBC News

It appears to be a valid route for wealthy Brexiteers who want the ability to live and work inside the Fourth Reich.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8185336.html

A New Zealand-born backer of a think tank advocating a hard Brexit has obtained an EU passport through Malta, it has been reported.

Christopher Chandler, founder of Legatum, which backs leaving the single market and the customs union, has become a citizen of the Mediterranean island.
    Cypriot citizenship can be bought as well.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I smell bullsheet. You can’t get any EU citizenship without residence apart from Irish.
    Stek,

believe whatever you want

Milan in "bring on the hard Brexit" mode.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Pot, kettle. Now you see what I mean by 'great unwashed'
    verdamt arscloch

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Well at the moment everyone in the EU has EU citizenship and residency in an EU country but when the UK leaves then it is unclear what happens to UK citizens resident in a different EU country from the UK and for EU citizens resident in the UK. One of the laws brought in by the EU was dual citizenship but after Brexit, this will change, more than likely. What will probably happen is that those with dual citizenship will either have to revoke their UK citizenship if they are a UK citizen in another EU country or their original citizenship if living in the UK.
    Being pedantic no citizen of an EU state is classed as an EU citizen until they 'excercise a treaty right' by living working or studying in an EU state other then there own.

EU citizenship has always been allowed according to each states nationality laws, some states like Germany don't allow it but do if the other nationality is an EU one. That will cause issues on Brexit for Brits living in Germany. And Holland, they are the same.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    ah, the inevitable damtwat riposte
    yep hopefully they will take your passport off you but Germany's "loss" is Broadmoor's Gain.
    Pot, kettle. Now you see what I mean by 'great unwashed'

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Well at least the number of the great unwashed visiting the continent will be greatly diminished which is one plus point for Brexit
    yep hopefully they will take your passport off you but Germany's "loss" is Broadmoor's Gain.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Well at least the number of the great unwashed visiting the continent will be greatly diminished which is one plus point for Brexit
    ah, the inevitable damtwat riposte

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Oh, PLEASE, not that!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Oh, PLEASE, not that!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Well at the moment everyone in the EU has EU citizenship and residency in an EU country but when the UK leaves then it is unclear what happens to UK citizens resident in a different EU country from the UK and for EU citizens resident in the UK. One of the laws brought in by the EU was dual citizenship but after Brexit, this will change, more than likely. What will probably happen is that those with dual citizenship will either have to revoke their UK citizenship if they are a UK citizen in another EU country or their original citizenship if living in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    What's german for punctuation??
    Thomas Mann

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    What's german for punctuation??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X