• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Blue passports

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blue passports"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Forget Netflix, wait until Vodafone charge you special leave roaming charges, remember a £1.15 per minute? Or £1 per MB download.

Don't worry I'm sure the upstanding mobile companies of the UK will not capitalise on their customers.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I suspect it will mean more stories in the Daily Bigot of how little Sharon ran up a few hundred pounds bill while on holiday in Benidorm on her mobile while watching 'Reality Z-List'

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Blue passports

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I believe that was a bit of a non-story from the scare mongering Project Fear right wing eurosceptic press. As many Brits go abroad and logon to their Netflix and BBC iPlayer accounts with a foreign IP address then they are automatically blocked (unless using a VPN with a UK IP address but Miss Magaluf and Mr Benidorm won't know about that.) It exists already....
    At the moment you are correct, they are currently blocked. But that changes this Sunday due to a new EU regulation requiring cross-member content to be accessed:

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-...ntent-services

So, just like roaming charges, etc, the EU (of which the U.K. is currently a member state) is providing regulation to make life for it’s citizens easier and fairer. Providers that charge for a service (eg Netflix) are subject to the regulation, while free-to-air providers (eg iPlayer) can decide for themselves.

But it makes for good Brexit propaganda to blame leaving it on the EU, rather than promoting the success of the regulation itself.
    Last edited by meridian; 30 March 2018, 09:07.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Even pettier than blue passports...

I believe that was a bit of a non-story from the scare mongering Project Fear right wing eurosceptic press. As many Brits go abroad and logon to their Netflix and BBC iPlayer accounts with a foreign IP address then they are automatically blocked (unless using a VPN with a UK IP address but Miss Magaluf and Mr Benidorm won't know about that.) It exists already....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post

Is there no Internet access in Skegness?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So flesh only comes in 1 colour does it?
    Technically, on colour charts, it's known as "Brexit Flesh" It's a good colour for feature walls.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Oh m g wow....

So racist.
    I think you'll find flesh does pretty much come in one colour, now skin, that's a different subject...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Oh m g wow....

So racist.
    It does for blue passport fanatics.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Perhaps some people are simply put off by flesh coloured passports.

Oh m g wow....

So racist.
    Last edited by original PM; 28 March 2018, 18:19.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    How about:
    Perhaps some people are simply put off by flesh coloured passports.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    How about:

On passports, I still think the best idea is to let people choose their own colour:

Maroon passport = you can continue to travel freely, work and live across the EU.
    Blue passport = you can’t do any of that but you have a blue passport.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    FFS is this stupidity still going on?
    I have a solution.
    Why don't the Daily Fail readers and Wrexiters in general pay a special surcharge to make up the extra 120 million it will cost to have the passports printed in the UK?
    Everyone's happy then
    Or invest in some blue highlighters.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    FFS is this stupidity still going on?
    I have a solution.
    Why don't the Daily Fail readers and Wrexiters in general pay a special surcharge to make up the extra 120 million it will cost to have the passports printed in the UK?
    Everyone's happy then

Leave a comment:

Working...
X