• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What does Brexit mean for me?"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Only when I point out YOUR inadequacies.

HTH

You keep it up my friend. A snowflake like you needs a hobby to keep them occupied so that the real world doesn't scare them too much. Voting out was clearly your way to try and change the sadness in your life. Let's hope Brexit brings you some peace and it's not just a case of the grass being greener on the other side.

Here's a little from me to you my friend. Chin up

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    And you carry on with proving the Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and kicking on this forum
    Only when I point out YOUR inadequacies.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Good. Not before time.

The die is cast, the people have spoken. Just go with it and embrace Democracy.

And perhaps you can now stop being such a patronising halfwit and become part of the solution instead of part of the problem?

And you carry on with proving the Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and kicking on this forum

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Well written. You're spot on. I feel so enlightened now. Thanks

Good. Not before time.

The die is cast, the people have spoken. Just go with it and embrace Democracy.

And perhaps you can now stop being such a patronising halfwit and become part of the solution instead of part of the problem?

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    FTFY

FFS

German autocorrect you see.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    This thread is slightly off track now CUKers.
    FTFY

FFS

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Regardless of one's position on Leave or Remain it amazes me that with 387 days until Brexit noone really has a clue about what Brexit will mean for them regardless of their sociodemographic factors.

Is there anything concrete that we know about the impact Brexit will have on us personally- and can we list these things in a factual manner as opposed to opinion or political bias?
    This thread is slightly of track now CUKers.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    So in essence, you have deluded yourself into believing that you voted "altruistically" despite, by your own admission, the majority of people in the regions you are so concerned about voted Leave.

A breathtakingly arrogant assumption to make on your part.

One is left wondering just what it was that they all "missed" that seemed crystal clear to you? Blessed as you are with a head that is emptier than a Hermit's address book!

Like so many baffled Bremoaners, you presume that you somehow know best what is in the best interests of everyone that made a different choice to you.

You then continue to lurch on with your twisted logic to categorically state that everyone that does not see things through your rather hazy vision must be either dense or evil.

I suppose it never crossed the vast expanses of your empty mind that most people are perfectly capable of making their own calculations as to what is for the best and do not need churlish dullards like YOU trying to "educate" them otherwise.

Honestly............let it go.......you are beyond parody now.

Better still, why not "altruistically" take a rest from endlessly bleating on here, and help those of us who occasionally take the time to read your drivel from so many aching sides?

Well written. You're spot on. I feel so enlightened now. Thanks

Last edited by Whorty; 11 March 2018, 21:23.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    So in essence, you have deluded yourself into believing that you voted "altruistically" despite, by your own admission, the majority of people in the regions you are so concerned about voted Leave.

One is left wondering just what it was that they all "missed" that seemed crystal clear to you? Blessed as you are with a head that is emptier than a Hermit's address book!

Like so many baffled Bremoaners, you presume that you somehow know best what is in the best interests of everyone that made a different choice to you.

You then continue to lurch on with your twisted logic to categorically state that everyone that does not see things through your rather hazy vision must be either dense or evil.

I suppose it never crossed the vast expanses of your empty mind that most people are perfectly capable of making their own calculations as to what is for the best and do not need churlish dullards like YOU trying to "educate" them otherwise.

Better still, why not "altruistically" take a rest from endlessly bleating on here, and help those of us who occasionally take the time to read your drivel from so many aching sides?
    oh, dear, people on this thread get SO incensed about a thing they have Absolutely no control over

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    More handwringing guff deleted

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yep there are more aggressive remoaners on there than here.

I have this recurring vision of the remoaners through history.

Remoaner - Boudicca. found sucking the teat of a roman centurion.

Remoaner - Harold. stabbed himself in the eye so the french could take over

Remoaner - Nelson. Invited the Spanish in for tea.

Remoaner - Haw Haw. pretty much as we recognise them now, they move to Germany and whinge from there.
    Lord Haw Haw's drunken ramblings about a proud Nordic race ground down by brutish Bolshevism (cf. EUSSR motif) are much more closely align with Brexiteers' nationalist ravings and Nazi propaganda techniques, such as the Daily Mail Enemies of the People nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Oh, we are not wingeing - it's ******* awesome over here. Beer cheaper than water, ski slopes, and dirndls. Will be sunny soon. Not really missing the life of mundane drudgery. Worried that the cheap flights with Ryanair to buy Marmite might get more expensive.

If you are honest with yourself, would you rather be in the position that you had your bets hedged? Are you really enjoying all this uncertainty that is cowering behind your bluster?
    You can buy Marmite in most of the supermarkets but it's cheaper in the Asian shops (invented in Darmstadt as well)

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    'Haw Haw. pretty much as we recognise them now, they move to Germany and whinge from there.'

QED
    Oh, we are not wingeing - it's ******* awesome over here. Beer cheaper than water, ski slopes, and dirndls. Will be sunny soon. Not really missing the life of mundane drudgery. Worried that the cheap flights with Ryanair to buy Marmite might get more expensive.

If you are honest with yourself, would you rather be in the position that you had your bets hedged? Are you really enjoying all this uncertainty that is cowering behind your bluster?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I'm fairly sure the EU members will lurch to the right and the EU will crumble. I see more signs of that happening than the UK not doing deals.
    National Front: Whatever happened to France's far right? - BBC News

The nation that is lurching to the right is not France, but the UK.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I believe that Brexit means that the country which had a load of opt-outs will become the country with a load of opt-ins...
    'Haw Haw. pretty much as we recognise them now, they move to Germany and whinge from there.'

QED

Leave a comment:

Working...
X