• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK consumers will have chlorinated chickens shoved down their throat"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It generally is.

I saw a beef "farm" on one of my trips across the pond.

Oddly I didn't eat any beef products on that trip.

Btw why does US bread taste sweet?
    Uh hu...

don't for get Guy Fieri and Triple D

For some great places to eat!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    So based on a single trip to a country of 300million people with a huge diversity in cuisine you have concluded that all US food is awful?

Following that logic, the worst meal and dining experience I have had was eating out in Vienna ( rubbish food AND they smoke in the restaurants, awful! ) so therefore the food in Italy, France & Germany must be equally as bad.
    It generally is.

I saw a beef "farm" on one of my trips across the pond.

Oddly I didn't eat any beef products on that trip.

Btw why does US bread taste sweet?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    My comments to an American about their food was that their must be a company called Food Inc that puts powder in one end a a machine and an extruder pumps out food in various shapes and colours the other end. It all tastes the same.

The best food I had in LA was from a Mexican greasy spoon that made fresh home-made food.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_slime

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    On my one trip to America the food, coffee and beer generally was awful. In the US you eat to stay alive.
    So based on a single trip to a country of 300million people with a huge diversity in cuisine you have concluded that all US food is awful?

Following that logic, the worst meal and dining experience I have had was eating out in Vienna ( rubbish food AND they smoke in the restaurants, awful! ) so therefore the food in Italy, France & Germany must be equally as bad.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Still sounds better than the crap they serve in Germany.
    Indeed just come to Manchester for some overpriced sausage and fizzy german beer.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Still sounds better than the crap they serve in Germany.

Leave a comment:

• flamel
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    On my one trip to America the food, coffee and beer generally was awful. In the US you eat to stay alive.
    Stay alive - but not for long.

Especially if you develop a taste for deep fried clams.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    I must admit I do love Orlando, I'm taking the family there again next year.
    Indeed

but the cheese sauce you get with the pretzels in Disney is rank

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well it was a holiday to Orlando mainly consisting of days at Disney or Universal so choices were limited!

Hoping to spend some time in Tampa next time we go to try and get away from the tourist areas.

What's not to like about Denny's?

https://www.dennys.com/food/slams/

Om nom nom
    I must admit I do love Orlando, I'm taking the family there again next year.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    That your choice of venue speaks volumes.
    Well it was a holiday to Orlando mainly consisting of days at Disney or Universal so choices were limited!

Hoping to spend some time in Tampa next time we go to try and get away from the tourist areas.

What's not to like about Denny's?

https://www.dennys.com/food/slams/

Om nom nom

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Some of the best food I had in America was at Disney.... some of their 'fine dining' experiences are actually quite good...

chick-fil-a was a big disappointment

large mcdonalds meals are really big!

was going to go to Denny's and cracker barrel but never got round to it!
    That your choice of venue speaks volumes.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Some of the best food I had in America was at Disney.... some of their 'fine dining' experiences are actually quite good...

chick-fil-a was a big disappointment

large mcdonalds meals are really big!

was going to go to Denny's and cracker barrel but never got round to it!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    My comments to an American about their food was that their must be a company called Food Inc that puts powder in one end a a machine and an extruder pumps out food in various shapes and colours the other end. It all tastes the same.

The best food I had in LA was from a Mexican greasy spoon that made fresh home-made food.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    How tasteless American food makes you fat and sick

For Europeans, eating is a pleasurable experience. For Americans, it is an activity fraught with anxiety and guilt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X