• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory Brexit No Deal DOOM™: Labour"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If they were internet capable they could have ben disabled remotely....
    Much more fun to turn them up to the max and leave them there until the batteries ran out. That should help the police with their inquiries...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If they were internet capable they could have ben disabled remotely....

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The great butt plug burglary: £45,000 of dildos stolen in ‘biggest sex toy heist ever’
    Sex toys worth £45,000 stolen from Fun Toys London stall in ‘biggest sex toy heist ever' | Metro News

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Are you really so utterly deluded and brainwashed as to believe that, with the literally millions of immigrants already here all merrily reproducing?

If property prices and taxes (both absurdly high due to immigration) could be reduced, then indigenous people alone would easily also maintain a steady population
    Every year over 200,000 workers retire and are not replaced by the local population if you stopped immigration you'd have a massive problem.

This very fact means however much people will bawl about immigration, it will continue at current levels, because Britain can't afford a declining working population whilst the retired population expands. Simple arithmetic, the self-entitlement of ageing leave voters demanding services and their pensions, and the laws of finance will scupper any plans to reduce immigration.

The number of births is actually lower than in the 1960's in spite of migrants "breeding like rabbits".

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You answered it?
    Yes cutting the budget in half would effectively mean he'd abolish it.
    Another simplistic solution from the mind of a Brexiter.
    I dunno why I bother really.
    It's clear the country is fooked since the only people leaving post Brexit will likely be the highly skilled and educated (indigenous AND foreign), leaving behind the cretinati (indigenous AND foreign) to wreck the country further.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    I've not heard any politician or public brexit figure suggest it, ATW asked how the NHS would be funded, I gave him my answer
    You answered it?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Was it the suirrel bite that gave you the infection that required the lobotomy?
    I started having strange headaches for many years after the bite...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    but if you actually cut taxes government revenue actually increases, as the cost of avoidance isn't as worth it and it encourages more enterprise
    Depends how much you cut and it would only work for specific taxes, say cutting fuel duty by half won't double the take.

The budget in UK is increasingly dependent on "high earners", jobs for whom will start disappearing before and especially after Tory No Deal Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Problem is that cretins think that it's the immigrants who use most of NHS resources - in 20 years in UK I've used GP few times, about 1 hour worth of in total, plus once use A&E for injection (after squirrel bitten me ) - regretted going to A&E for years as I felt not well after it, or maybe it was the bite...
    Was it the suirrel bite that gave you the infection that required the lobotomy?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Do you think Brexiters voted to cut the " cut the NHS budget in half"?
    Problem is that cretins think that it's the immigrants who use most of NHS resources - in 20 years in UK I've used GP few times, about 1 hour worth of in total, plus once use A&E for injection (after squirrel bitten me ) - regretted going to A&E for years as I felt not well after it, or maybe it was the bite...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I've not heard any politician or public brexit figure suggest it, ATW asked how the NHS would be funded, I gave him my answer

"older and more poorly educated"

and then you wonder why people who don't feel they have a lot to lose stick their fingers up at a system that demeans and condescends them at any given opportunity
    Actually what I wonder is what happened to education standards so that people can't seem to parse and analyse data
    Long may it continue though, it's why people who can earn the big bucks, no doubt.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpo...raphic-divide/

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Are you really so utterly deluded and brainwashed as to believe that, with the literally millions of immigrants already here all merrily reproducing?

If property prices and taxes (both absurdly high due to immigration) could be reduced, then indigenous people alone would easily also maintain a steady population
    I know maths and numbers aren't your cup of tea, so knock yourself out educating yourself:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ing-population
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...lation/mar2017
    Aging Britain: One in 12 will be aged over 80 by 2039 - Telegraph
    https://www.theguardian.com/membersh...orming-britain

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    You're waffling now.
    What you think is irrelevant.
    Demographic analysis shows the Brexit demographic as a whole as being (1) older and (2) more poorly educated.
    What do you think Brexiters will do to the individual/party who cuts NHS spending in half?
    It's not politically doable and you know it.
    Cutting NHS spending in half is Brexit pie-in-the sky bollux.

"older and more poorly educated"

and then you wonder why people who don't feel they have a lot to lose stick their fingers up at a system that demeans and condescends them at any given opportunity

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    And as AtW has noted, we're tightening immigration which means the population will age faster, ...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    where's the contradiction?

IF you are going to have a reduction in government revenue then you cut expenditure

but if you actually cut taxes government revenue actually increases, as the cost of avoidance isn't as worth it and it encourages more enterprise

obviously you can't turn the tap off overnight hence I said a couple of decades, then once you've serviced those who have no other means of healthcare or a pension etc, you tell the next generation "from Year X you guys are on you're own" what then happens is a market is created and competition introduced whereby private companies can offer healthcare or pension provisions

a government can then reduce the scope and cost of NHS services to helping only the very needy or to save your life

and the "I don't think that's what Brexiteers voted for" is a strawman argument I know I didn't vote to give the NHS another £350m a week neither did I vote to kick out all the foreigners, there's a much bigger picture at play and a whole myriad of reasons 17m people voted to leave the EU
    You're waffling now.
    What you think is irrelevant.
    Demographic analysis shows the Brexit demographic as a whole as being (1) older and (2) more poorly educated.
    What do you think Brexiters will do to the individual/party who cuts NHS spending in half?
    It's not politically doable and you know it.
    Cutting NHS spending in half is Brexit pie-in-the sky bollux.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X