• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit divorce bill (part 94) - I'd like to know..."

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    There's no scale capable of measuring this level of stupid.
    Yes there is, it is called the "Scooterscot Scale" and it is measured in Darmstadts!

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Actually that is rubbish as nothing has been agreed yet however you can still dream...

EHIC: Free healthcare for British citizens travelling to the EU after Brexit still in doubt | The Independent
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/d...ns-in-brussels

It's in the section marked Citizens Rights

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Probably one of your AfD mates
    We both know I don't have any mates, so stop being an arse.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    In latest news... Brexiters demanding a free trade deal in the negotiations when they already have one.

You seem to be missing the point about leaving a political union etc. If you arent sure of anything just pm me and I will help you, save you looking stupid when you post stupid things.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    In latest news... Brexiters demanding a free trade deal in the negotiations when they already have one.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    That's because they are sheep, funnily enough a German I spoke to said what a good thing brexit is. So all germans must think that way.
    Probably one of your AfD mates

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Have to agree with that one. Everyone I've spoken to in the real world seems to think that the British (and to some extent the Americans) seem to have lost their collective minds. Many people, when bringing up Brexit, start to snigger. Have no idea why as it's the greatest thing to have happened to the UK, apparently...
    That's because they are sheep, funnily enough a German I spoke to said what a good thing brexit is. So all germans must think that way.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Have to agree with that one. Everyone I've spoken to in the real world seems to think that the British (and to some extent the Americans) seem to have lost their collective minds. Many people, when bringing up Brexit, start to snigger. Have no idea why as it's the greatest thing to have happened to the UK, apparently...
    https://youtu.be/VMGo6SMV5Vk

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    A colleague asked me the other day If the British are just plain stupid. I had to acknowledge that it did appear so.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I think the problem is the "everyone's a winner" mentality that has been propagated in education since the 80s.
    It makes the stupid have delusions of intellectual adequacy.
    Mostly the old who were educated before the 80s voted for Brexit. Unfortunately the old politicians mainly didn't agree with them - unless you want Corbyn on the negotiation team?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    It makes the stupid have delusions of intellectual adequacy.
    Don't go tarring everyone with the sasguru brush.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    A colleague asked me the other day If the British are just plain stupid. I had to acknowledge that it did appear so.
    Hardly surprising he posed such a question. Using YOU as a benchmark was where his first mistake lay.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Or maybe a bit closer to: The EU have set out their stall, the Brexit camp have said no. The EU say "OK what do you want" and the best the Brexit camp come up with is "Not what you're offering"
    Until the UK put adults in the negotiations, we're stuck with the Brexit children who believe "ya boo sucks" is a good starting point.
    That would be the stall with no prices or clear description of sale then?

Thought so!

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Wrong as usual. The Czech and Polish economies are fast converging on the EU norm
    Poland is the largest recipient of EU funds...

Brexit: EU members' net contributions and net funding - Business Insider

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its a divorce with a crazy ex that after 30 years of you paying for everything , is busy chopping up your suits, refuses to let you date new people or use any of the joint assets, demands ridiculous money in Alimony (no kids) and refuses to discuss anything further until you agree to all their demands.

Still works! But that is a Brexiteer analogy.

A likely bremainer analogy is that the EU is a fluffy bunny that racist Brexiters have despoiled!
    Or maybe a bit closer to: The EU have set out their stall, the Brexit camp have said no. The EU say "OK what do you want" and the best the Brexit camp come up with is "Not what you're offering"
    Until the UK put adults in the negotiations, we're stuck with the Brexit children who believe "ya boo sucks" is a good starting point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X