• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Okay - I was wrong on Brexit"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are you saying he was um... with your mum?
    I think he is suggesting that sas is, and in fact always has been, a mummy's boy.
    Which would explain a lot.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What do you mean, because he's a right wing idiot who can't wait for the UK to leave the EU so he can dismantle the NHS before May gets a chance to?
    Irrational fear of minority groups(like cyclists).

HTH

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Alot more would be explained if you were related to Donald Trump.
    What do you mean, because he's a right wing idiot who can't wait for the UK to leave the EU so he can dismantle the NHS before May gets a chance to?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    But it would explain a lot
    Alot more would be explained if you were related to Donald Trump.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    If I found out I was related to that I would top myself.
    But it would explain a lot

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If I found out I was related to that I would top myself.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Not true! Quite a bit was Mummie's apron strings.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Says the man that has spent the bulk of his life tied to wifie's coattails!

Not true! Quite a bit was Mummie's apron strings.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You do sound like someone who's spent the bulk of your life in the public sector.
    Says the man that has spent the bulk of his life tied to wifie's coattails!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So it's a specious and unsustainable argument if taken to its logical extreme, and in any case letting in too many immigrants deprives indigenous people of opportunities, and that must be our first and last consideration.
    So you've made the calculation that Brexit will provide more opportunities for the indigenous population?
    You do sound like someone who's spent the bulk of your life in the public sector.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    The devalued currency has made imports more expensive, cutting into the margins of many British businesses and making some unsustainable.

So now we will have to buy British.

I think this calls for a

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Let's have an 'oh dear' because it is rather sad: Brexit blamed for 260 job losses as UK food supplier Southern Salads collapses into administration | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Honestly, you're pulling up someone for lack of brains?

Plemnty of immigrants contribute more than you, I'll wager

These people for example, who "arrived on these shores with only the clothes they stood up in":
    https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2012/1...n-for-success/
    There are probably literally a thousand million people world-wide who individually could "contribute more than average" in the UK given a chance. But there's no way they could all be allowed into the UK.

So it's a specious and unsustainable argument if taken to its logical extreme, and in any case letting in too many immigrants deprives indigenous people of opportunities, and that must be our first and last consideration.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 17 August 2017, 13:48.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    twaddle.
    They spend a LOT of time in placement doing actual nursing. They qualify as nurses to be nurses and can do that. Health is one of the few university educations that allows you to go straight into your profession once you've graduated.

They don't change bedpans though. It was decided some years ago that menial work should be done by lower paid people and nurses should get more money. That may or may not have been the right decision, as the menial work needs doing, it's just done by thick twunts with no better education.
    Not twaddle at all.
    It used to be you had SRNs and Ward Sisters. Neither of those people spent 3 years in a university. "Project 2000" saw the end of hospital teaching and moved everything to universities. That was from the late 80s...
    http://www.nhshistory.net/chapter_5.htm#Project_2000

Now to be a nurse you need a bachelor's degree.
    https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/u...-nursing-adult

Thankfully some of the mistakes from Project 2000 are being rectified as the government have realised that the NMC maybe know what they are talking about.

The UK needs about 10,000 new nurses each year. We have university places for around 12,000, but most years 1/3 drop out before completion.
    So we have 8,000 new nurses each year coming out of UK universities (that is not to say they are British citizens or even enough generations old British citizens to be acceptable to some on here)
    Of those 8,000 many do not go on to pursue a career in the NHS, move away from nursing altogether, or return to their home countries.

7% of nurses in England are from the EU
    5.6% are from Asia (mostly India and the Philippines)
    2.4% are from Africa
    0.7% are from elsewhere
    (based on the briefing made in the House of Commons in April 2017)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    It does not really take a genius to recognise that someone arriving on these shores with only the clothes they stand up in will take a while to become a net contributor to the economy.

Obviously hard facts and figures are useful but a very basic thought experiment would get you to the right conclusion.

Ahh I see the problem now.

Its probably in the words basic and thought.
    Honestly, you're pulling up someone for lack of brains?

Plemnty of immigrants contribute more than you, I'll wager

These people for example, who "arrived on these shores with only the clothes they stood up in":
    https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2012/1...n-for-success/
    Last edited by sasguru; 17 August 2017, 11:28.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X