• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BREXIT - Continue working in the EU - Questions"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
    True, but it does provide the right to have, operate and work through a limited company.
    I am not that worried about residency, though things will get complicated with health care.
    Work through, as long as you are not working inside EU - that would require work permits (once freedom of movement ends).

And if you are not physically inside then using UK Ltd is fine too, well, maybe not anymore because EU probably might not like UK Ltds specifically.
    Last edited by AtW; 16 July 2017, 15:48.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    E-residence is same as registering UK Ltd - gives no extra rights to be resident in country.
    True, but it does provide the right to have, operate and work through a limited company.
    I am not that worried about residency, though things will get complicated with health care.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    e-residency is all about paying taxes there as well, strikes me that it will only work if you actually go and work there because tax will be liable where you actually work. In other words the e-residency, surprise, surprise, doesn't come for free.
    Yes, that's ok.
    I was thinking of a separate EU company for work undertaken within the EU.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    Marry some Eastern European beauty?
    The thought has crossed my mind.
    lol

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    On the grounds that them's the rulez.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_re..._for_companies
    Very nice indeed, this will make people leave the country too then - might as well bite the bullet and feck off - gain lower corp tax and lower personal taxation.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    On what grounds?

What if Estonian company only books revenues outside of UK?
    On the grounds that them's the rulez.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_re..._for_companies

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    If you run an Estonian company from the UK HMRC are going to want you to pay UK Corporation Tax anyway.
    On what grounds?

What if Estonian company only books revenues outside of UK?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    If you run an Estonian company from the UK HMRC are going to want you to pay UK Corporation Tax anyway. And as said it changes nothing about your right to work abroad. So I don't see there's any advantage to it at all.

Unfortunately the majority have spoken and have decided that British citizenship should be a hinderance rather than an advantage. Only thing to do is try to exchange your defective citizenship for a better one.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yes but Nutski his current wife is slightly prettier than MF! Maybe you can teach her how to divorce her hubby?

Shooting?

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-nemts.../28581072.html

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Are you offering? Opps, I forgot. You are fugly.
    yes but Nutski his current wife is slightly prettier than MF! Maybe you can teach her how to divorce her hubby?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    E-residence is same as registering UK Ltd - gives no extra rights to be resident in country.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    A bit more information here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-eu-referendum

It doesn't seem to necessarily give you any rights in any other EU countries, possibly might give you the right to go to Estonia, but its main purpose seems to be that it simply enables you to use Estonian online services and seems to be targeting businesses in "banana republics" who don't have access to reliable banking or online services. Still Britain is heading to become Banana Republic.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Are you offering? Opps, I forgot. You are fugly.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    e-residency is all about paying taxes there as well, strikes me that it will only work if you actually go and work there because tax will be liable where you actually work. In other words the e-residency, surprise, surprise, doesn't come for free.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X