• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ToryGraph - May's absurd Brexit plan"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    May placed on zero-hours contract

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Korbyn will have landslide next time - dead cert
    Now you just need the "Tories to win next election" prediction. Then whatever happens you can claim you were right....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Korbyn will have landslide next time - dead cert

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Not going to happen. Next election 2022.
    Dead cert innit, MF put tenner on it

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You may as well pour petrol over Northern Ireland and chuck a lighted match at it.
    That's what deal with DUP did, rught? Certainly the petrol element

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Fill yer boots @ 9/2.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/...neral-election

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    all it needs is a vote of no confidence

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The biggest party will always be asked to form a government but they have to get the "Queens speech" passed and they have to win any motions of no confidence that can be tabled by the opposition. So if there was no majority in the HoC it would fall within a few weeks. There would be no point in doing a deal with SF unless they took up their seats. In the end he would have to win a vote.
    Wrong.

Reality Check: Does the largest party form the government? - BBC News

If parliament is "hung", the prime minister stays in place, and has the first opportunity to put together enough votes to reach the 326 mark.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The biggest party will always be asked to form a government but they have to get the "Queens speech" passed and they have to win any motions of no confidence that can be tabled by the opposition. So if there was no majority in the HoC it would fall within a few weeks. There would be no point in doing a deal with SF unless they took up their seats. In the end he would have to win a vote.
    With the current polls, all it needs is a vote of no confidence, then Corbyn tries and fails to form a government and it would then go to a GE where he would get a majority...

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    There were some hand looking lads flogging cheap diesel from the roadside last time I was up if that's any use to you.
    Diesel doesn't ignite unless it's under pressure/raised temperature.

Chuck a lit match on a bucket full of diesel and it will just extinguish the match!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If Corbyn had a majority (but not an overall majority) I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to do a deal with SF and somehow claim that was morally equivalent to having an overall majority even if SF had not taken their seats in Parliament. It would cause a constitutional crisis, but he wouldn't care a fig. In fact I think he'd like it.

Admittedly I'm not sure how that would work out in terms of actually winning votes in the HoC subsequently, unless the Northern Ireland Assembly somehow became an adjunct to the HoC and voted in parallel.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    ToryGraph - May's absurd Brexit plan

You may as well pour petrol over Northern Ireland and chuck a lighted match at it.
    I'm not saying it's a good idea or a smart one, I'm trying to point out that any form of alliance with SF would be a failure. Post 85 by me made it clear why it wouldn't work, and only those with their heads buried in Murdoch/Dacre's backsides would try to spin it otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    There were some hand looking lads flogging cheap diesel from the roadside last time I was up if that's any use to you.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    This ^^

If SF had any intention of getting into the UK parliament, they'd have done it to scupper may's deal with the DUP. There is zero chance of that happening.
    If Corbyn had a majority (but not an overall majority) I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to do a deal with SF and somehow claim that was morally equivalent to having an overall majority even if SF had not taken their seats in Parliament. It would cause a constitutional crisis, but he wouldn't care a fig. In fact I think he'd like it.

Admittedly I'm not sure how that would work out in terms of actually winning votes in the HoC subsequently, unless the Northern Ireland Assembly somehow became an adjunct to the HoC and voted in parallel.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Well, theoretically what he would want to do is offer them a referendum in NI to take place based on them taking the oath. If that referendum was lost by the unionists then there would be 18 less seats in the commons which would mean a majority would be 317 (coincidentally the number of conservative MPs currently)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X