• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The official CUK post-brexit thread"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    And like a keen puppy, I just lap it up.
    You lick NLyUK's Puppies

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    And like a keen puppy, I just lap it up.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Very good. I'm touched you made such an effort.
    Visualiser Tool - Exterion Media

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Still better that than Greece whose mates Germany and France took him to the bar then pinned him down and beat the shi7e out of him - relentlessly - all in the name of the bar's rules.
    And the name of the greater good.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Very good. I'm touched you made such an effort.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Still better that than Greece whose mates Germany and France took him to the bar then pinned him down and beat the shi7e out of him - relentlessly - all in the name of the bar's rules.
    Visualiser Tool - Exterion Media

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    So Brexit is like kicking the feet away from someone who is just staggering to their feet after the last beating?

And then presenting him with his bar bill?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    we have lasted years without serious inflation and had wage stagnation before Brexit was even considered.

It seems our chickens are coming home to roost & brexit effects are only one of them.
    So Brexit is like kicking the feet away from someone who is just staggering to their feet after the last beating?

And then presenting him with his bar bill?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Maybe you are correct in 3 years we will all be pimping ourselves to the lowest bidder in mainland europe
    Isn't that what May & Davis are doing for the next year?

And unless they are very successful, we contractors will not have an option of easily pimping ourselves out to any bidder in mainland Europe.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Well, the counterfactual is always difficult to demonstrate, but the impact on sterling and thence inflation is clear. The impact on investment decisions will take more time to play out. Other factors are of course available.
    we have lasted years without serious inflation and had wage stagnation before Brexit was even considered.

It seems our chickens are coming home to roost & brexit effects are only one of them.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    It's very hard to separate the end of the economic cycle and the impact of brexit.
    Well, the counterfactual is always difficult to demonstrate, but the impact on sterling and thence inflation is clear. The impact on investment decisions will take more time to play out. Other factors are of course available.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    No, I was implying that the economy would have been booming but instead it is not.

HTH
    Yeah that's true - we should have had also put men on mars by now if i wasn't for damn Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    No, I was implying that the economy would have been booming but instead it is not.

HTH
    It's very hard to separate the end of the economic cycle and the impact of brexit.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    No - that doesn't help at all as it somehow implies that in the last 12 months the Uk economy has gone to tulip - and it's not

Maybe you are correct in 3 years we will all be pimping ourselves to the lowest bidder in mainland europe

HTH

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    The booming UK economy.

HTH
    No - that doesn't help at all as it somehow implies that in the last 12 months the Uk economy has gone to tulip - and it's not

Leave a comment:

Working...
X