• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Remain would win Brexit referendum if held now, poll claims"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The vote was advisory. Don't think anyone here voted for driving the car off a cliff at low tide without airbags.
    What do you mean "here" squarehead??

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I was quoting you, who said about the 1.7m people on zero hour contracts. I can't help it if you think your own logic is shot, but glad to see you're coming round to begin understanding.
    that would be a reply to spooters feckwittery do try to keep up!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Congratulations. You've done the impossible and made Diane Abbott look like a genius in comparison to you.
    You and Mordac make the characters in Dumb and Dumber look like Bohr and Einstein.

That's the problem with democracy - if a nation has bred too many idiots, it doesn't work. We're at that tipping point now.
    So you think a major EU country with 44% youth unemployment (and they're not the only one) is just fine and dandy, and what could possibly go wrong? Fine, if you think I'm an idiot for pointing that out, I'll just have to live with the fact that an idiot thinks I'm an idiot. Could probably live with that, if I'm honest.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    in an employment contract whether zero hours or other is not equal to unemployed whatever your assertions. I suspect a large number people on here have an IR35 avoiding zero hour contract. Absence of Moo. I know I did with many of my clients and my company. I was most definitely employed.

So whilst you might believe your maths are good your logic is obviously shot.

Now I believe some employers are abusing zero hours contracts but that doesn't make their employees unemployed.
    I was quoting you, who said about the 1.7m people on zero hour contracts. I can't help it if you think your own logic is shot, but glad to see you're coming round to begin understanding.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Let's look at your figures (before they get edited again)

So, 1.7m UK people are on zero hours contracts (according to your figures)
    And 1.54m are claiming unemployment benefits (according to the government's seasonally adjusted figures excluding those who are not seeking work or not available to work)
    And there are 8.85m people aged 16-64 who are "economically inactive"

Let's ignore the inactive for now.
    1.7+1.54 = 3.24

That's 3.24 million people who are effectively unemployed in the UK, which is almost 1/9th of 4.26 million. Sorry, almost 1/3rd of 4.26 million. Sorry, a lot less than half of 4.26 million. Sorry, terribly high and Spain is really struggling.
    in an employment contract whether zero hours or other is not equal to unemployed whatever your assertions. I suspect a large number people on here have an IR35 avoiding zero hour contract. Absence of Moo. I know I did with many of my clients and my company. I was most definitely employed.

So whilst you might believe your maths are good your logic is obviously shot.

Now I believe some employers are abusing zero hours contracts but that doesn't make their employees unemployed.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    "Rough maths" being out by a factor of 4, then repeated, then claimed it was "rough"

You provided numbers, your numbers were proved wrong. That was not a personal attack, that was responding to false data with facts.
    Don't disturb their Safe Space.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Let's look at your figures (before they get edited again)

That would be 1.7m contracts so one third of Spain's unemployed figure. They are of course not claiming benefit so are officially employed. As staff get scarcer I expect the zero hour contracts to fall.
    So, 1.7m UK people are on zero hours contracts (according to your figures)
    And 1.54m are claiming unemployment benefits (according to the government's seasonally adjusted figures excluding those who are not seeking work or not available to work)
    And there are 8.85m people aged 16-64 who are "economically inactive"

Let's ignore the inactive for now.
    1.7+1.54 = 3.24

That's 3.24 million people who are effectively unemployed in the UK, which is almost 1/9th of 4.26 million. Sorry, almost 1/3rd of 4.26 million. Sorry, a lot less than half of 4.26 million. Sorry, terribly high and Spain is really struggling.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Ah the usual arguments....
    "Rough maths" being out by a factor of 4, then repeated, then claimed it was "rough"

You provided numbers, your numbers were proved wrong. That was not a personal attack, that was responding to false data with facts.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What do you expect when you argue with cretins and particularly the ubercretin?

Been round this before with Nibiru.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Withdraws into sulk because he's shown himself up to be a cretin again.
    Ah the usual snowflakery...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Indeed. Sorry your maths isn't up to the job.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Desperate attack at rough maths despite Spain having a huge 18.75% unemployment rate.
    Personal attack because he lost
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Personal attack because (s)he lost

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Congratulations. You've done the impossible and made Diane Abbott look like a genius in comparison to you.
    You and Mordac make the characters in Dumb and Dumber look like Bohr and Einstein.

That's the problem with democracy - if a nation has bred too many idiots, it doesn't work. We're at that tipping point now.
    Representative democracy has safeguards against cretinism. There are too many barriers against cretins constituting a majority of MPs. The problem is referenda. There are enough cretins in the UK that if they vote largely as a bloc in a referendum, it just takes a relatively smaller number of non-cretin racists, ideologues and assorted nutjobs to tip them over the 50% mark.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    well its much more than double as I said they aren't claiming unemployment benefit so they aren't part of the figures.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I see you have now edited a post to say that 1.7 is 1/3 of 4.26, and you say I'm the one clutching at straws.
    1.7 is 1/3 of 5.1 or 1/9 of 15.3
    1.7 is 2/5 of 4.26

So, one of you is useless at maths and the other was "being sarcastic" when he said that no money would be sent from the UK to Spain.
    Both of you were wrong, or to put it another way, full of tulip. Doesn't matter how you try to spin your argument, ignore facts or edit your posts, your posts are full of tulip.

Next you'll be saying that the £350million a week to the NHS pledge was out by a factor of 4 as well.
    well its much more than double as I said they aren't claiming unemployment benefit so they aren't part of the figures.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X