• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit: planned withdrawal already hitting economic invest"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
    Gosh, the first time I've been insulted on CUK. I really feel accepted now, y'know?
    Welcome to the club.

Leave a comment:

• Lambert Simnel
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Keep it up sockie.
    Gosh, the first time I've been insulted on CUK. I really feel accepted now, y'know?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Yawn. Eye of the beholder and all that. PG's quote had the benefit of being (a) at least a half-decent song, and (b) just one line rather than choosing to cut & paste the entire lyrics.
    Keep it up sockie.

Leave a comment:

• Lambert Simnel
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You're taking it too literally. It was in response to PG's posting lyrics with slight tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps reflect on your response which was par for the course?
    Yawn. Eye of the beholder and all that. PG's quote had the benefit of being (a) at least a half-decent song, and (b) just one line rather than choosing to cut & paste the entire lyrics.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why invest when it's clear that in the next election Red Korbyn will get a landslide? Tories also will be taxing again - it's lose-lose scenario, ppus that Brexit thingy.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    I guess it's pretty much par for the course that the response to the economic impact of the upcoming departure of the UK from the EU is to quote the lyrics of a jingoistic song which conflates England and Britain, recalls the Empire, and does nothing at all to deal with the matter actually at hand.
    You're taking it too literally. It was in response to PG's posting lyrics with slight tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps reflect on your response which was par for the course?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    I guess it's pretty much par for the course that the response to the economic impact of the upcoming departure of the UK from the EU is to quote the lyrics of a jingoistic song which conflates England and Britain, recalls the Empire, and does nothing at all to deal with the matter actually at hand.
    "Some of my British friends have even asked me whether Brexit could be reversed and whether I could imagine an outcome where the UK stays part of the EU.

"I told them that, in fact, the European Union was built on dreams that seemed impossible to achieve. So, who knows. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

https://www.ft.com/content/90d26a91-...4-7a1b71a67970

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Thinking this through and assuming the UK does go for Hard Brexit. Since the lack of investment is due to the fear of "Hard Brexit" what could possibly change for the better. What would be the advantage of a Japanese company setting up in the UK to export to the Eu when it has 160 other countries to choose from who have their own "Hard Brexit" agreements, notwithstanding the 27 countries with extreme Soft Brexits.

Leave a comment:

• Lambert Simnel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...
    I give you a toast, ladies and gentlemen.
    I give you a toast, ladies and gentlemen.
    May this fair dear land we love so well
    In dignity and freedom dwell.
    Though worlds may change and go awry
    While there is still one voice to cry.....

There'll always be an England
    While there's a country lane,
    Wherever there's a cottage small
    Beside a field of grain.
    There'll always be an England
    While there's a busy street,
    Wherever there's a turning wheel,
    A million marching feet.

Red, white and blue,
    What does it mean to you?
    Surely you're proud, shout it aloud,
    "Britons, awake!"
    The empire too, we can depend on you.
    Freedom remains.
    These are the chains
    Nothing can break.

There'll always be an England,
    And England shall be free
    If England means as much to you
    As England means to me.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

Leave a comment:

• Brexit: planned withdrawal already hitting economic invest

Brexit: Philip Hammond admits UK's planned withdrawal already hitting economic investment

Brexit: Philip Hammond admits UK's planned withdrawal already hitting economic investment | The Independent

Businesses are already pulling investment because of Brexit, the Chancellor has admitted - as he again urged Theresa May to agree a “transitional arrangement”.

Philip Hammond said a temporary deal with the EU was badly needed to get “businesses investing again”, appearing to acknowledge that companies are currently putting their plans on hold.

“The thing that is causing concern in the business community is the risk of a cliff edge,” Mr Hammond said.

Working...
X