• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Brexit R.I.P.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit R.I.P."

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    David Davies said on the telly this morning that it is a soft Brexit they're seeking, and that the election wasn't a mistake as they now have 5 years to negotiate it.
    I think he means 5 months. Until the next election.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Lots of infighting in the Tory party until either "Soft Brexit" is agreed or they implode and split asunder to stay out of power for a generation, leaving Labour in power for the forseeable future.
    Or until they bring the country to its knees again, enough people see sense and it all comes full circle and the nasty Tories are voted in to fix the mess.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    David Davies said on the telly this morning that it is a soft Brexit they're seeking, and that the election wasn't a mistake as they now have 5 years to negotiate it.
    coffee over the screen moment.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    My contention is that the majority of those who voted Brexit were not voting Brexit. They were registering a protest vote at inequality.

I could well be totally wrong. I usually am.....

Brillo, totally agree

and that's the root of the problem, and what has contributed to this whole mess, along with the hard core Brexiters not accepting the position, "the majority of those who voted Brexit were not voting Brexit. They were registering a protest vote at inequality", and then the PM going feet first for a hard Brexit

perfect storm

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I still maintain the UK is heading for a "Switzerland" model.
    Tax haven?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The same goes for those who voted for Brexit. Much damage has been done already.
    My contention is that the majority of those who voted Brexit were not voting Brexit. They were registering a protest vote at inequality.

I could well be totally wrong. I usually am.....

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I still maintain the UK is heading for a "Switzerland" model, but the DUP alliance complicates the picture and the UK may end up inside the customs union. Inside the customs union you still arrange your own trade deals, it's just the EU have to sign off.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Agreed. The leaders of the Tory Party have alot to answer for.
    The same goes for those who voted for Brexit. Much damage has been done already.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    and to be clear the vast majority of EU citizens would like Britain in, and stability

Milan.
    Agreed. The leaders of the Tory Party have alot to answer for.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Lots of infighting in the Tory party until either "Soft Brexit" is agreed or they implode and split asunder to stay out of power for a generation, leaving Labour in power for the forseeable future.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Of course not! A50 was the beginning.

The EU has to make the UK suffer. Its their only goal. Whether we leave or try to rejoin. The vast majority of EU citizens don't want that. They want the best deal for the EU.

The UK are getting very fed up with the ruling classes who don't care about the vast majority of the population. And the EU got caught in the crossfire.

I am still wondering what will happen next! Would be fascinating if not for the fact that the UK will suffer.

The only thing we can be sure of is that the rich-poor gap will widen.

Your thoughts on what happens next?

and to be clear the vast majority of EU citizens would like Britain in, and stability

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied

The EU has to make the UK suffer. Its their only goal. Whether we leave or try to rejoin. The vast majority of EU citizens don't want that. They want the best deal for the EU.

The UK are getting very fed up with the ruling classes who don't care about the vast majority of the population. And the EU got caught in the crossfire.

I am still wondering what will happen next! Would be fascinating if not for the fact that the UK will suffer.

well, what to say, we used to sit at the top table in the EU, we had the best conditions of all the members of the top table and then we said we'd leave

what do we expect ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    very good

ok, back to business

do you really believe A50 is the end of the story ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    A50 was triggered.

Are you still trying for cretin of the year award? You have stiff competition.

very good

ok, back to business

do you really believe A50 is the end of the story ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X