• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doing PAYE on my own - Accountant charges extra for RTI"

Collapse

• inniAccounts
    replied
    We've rolled our own online RTI software (pretty snazzy, fully automated - check it out here). Currently only available to our clients but we're considering breaking it out into a stand alone app - just trying to figure out how many contractors do DIY payroll at the moment...

Leave a comment:

• contractorsaccountant0704
    replied
    A bright idea!

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Payroll Software - BrightPay UK - RTI, Payslips, PAYE, Free Support was the one I thought of free for up to 3 employees and no adverts.
    We took on this software recently as a "bureau" and so far I have only good things to say about the support they offer. The software seems userfriendly and comprehensive. We looked at others before taking the plunge. But who know what will happen in the next month with RTI. here's hoping for a smooth run.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by inniAccounts View Post
    Don't forget HMRC's free tools - good for 9 employees or less and (of course) it's fully RTI compliant.

Grab it from here: HM Revenue & Customs: Download Basic PAYE Tools
    Hrrrmph, no AIX or Solaris version!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    Payroo is free for small workforce
    Payroll Software - BrightPay UK - RTI, Payslips, PAYE, Free Support was the one I thought of free for up to 3 employees and no adverts.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    If you charge £60pm yes you are.

If you charge £125pm you're way too expensive.

Leave a comment:

• contractorsaccountant0704
    replied
    RTI and small limited companies

Originally posted by sha2jac View Post
    Hi, I have a limited company. My accountant is charging me around £400 extra to do the payroll from this year because of the changes of RTI that comes into effect this month. I was wondering if it is easy to do payroll on my own using 12Pay?. Also, i would like to know the steps invovled in doing my own payroll (how to pay HMRC etc). I haven't got a clue on how to do this. Please let me know the what are the steps involved in doing my own payroll?.

Thanks for any information provided.

Sha
    We have been providing such a service for 7 years, and upto the RTI situation, we were not raising charges additional to the usual monthly standing order for accountancy services. I made a decision to charge a fixed fee of £ 30 plus VAT, to cover RTI registration - in other words to make sure that employee information was correct - and I am going to see how it goes. I may not have to raise any extra charges, but if I do it is likely to be abut £ 10 per month plus VAT - Am I too cheap?

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Payroo is free for small workforce

Leave a comment:

• inniAccounts
    replied
    Don't forget HMRC's free tools - good for 9 employees or less and (of course) it's fully RTI compliant.

Grab it from here: HM Revenue & Customs: Download Basic PAYE Tools

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Re: Doing PAYE on my own - Accountant charges extra for RTI

There is a free option from one of the online payroll sites for up to 5 employees. I'll try and dig up a link later

Leave a comment:

• Jessica@WhiteFieldTax
    replied
    Phew £400 is a bit steep.

As an alternative to HMRC software, try Moneysoft its got a huge following amongst accountants as its good value and does what it says on the tin - I think an annual single user licence is c£70.

Leave a comment:

• sha2jac
    replied
    Thanks for the information.

Leave a comment:

• Craig@Clarity
    replied
    There's information here about RTI and what you need to do HM Revenue & Customs: Preparing to operate PAYE in real time (RTI)

In terms of paying for the PAYE and NIC, this hasn't changed. You'd need to make it monthly or quarterly. Again, here is another link for you HM Revenue & Customs: How to pay PAYE/Class 1 National Insurance contributions

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Doing PAYE on my own - Accountant charges extra for RTI

Hi, I have a limited company. My accountant is charging me around £400 extra to do the payroll from this year because of the changes of RTI that comes into effect this month. I was wondering if it is easy to do payroll on my own using 12Pay?. Also, i would like to know the steps invovled in doing my own payroll (how to pay HMRC etc). I haven't got a clue on how to do this. Please let me know the what are the steps involved in doing my own payroll?.

Thanks for any information provided.

Sha

Working...
X