• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Subsidence on timesheet for working abroad for food?"

Collapse

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by captainham View Post
    So are we saying that I can't claim for subsidence repairs and new two-storey extension on the back of my house then?
    Only if you have been living there for less than 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    So are we saying that I can't claim for subsidence repairs and new two-storey extension on the back of my house then?

Of course you can. Along with driving lessons and a debt collector to get £800 back from a mate.

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And we wonder why HMRC are coming after us believing we are not running proper companies.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And we wonder why HMRC are coming after us believing we are not running proper companies.....

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    and you need to google 'subsistence site:forums.contractoruk.com'

<sigh>

Leave a comment:

• Greg@CapitalCity
    replied
    Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    Am i able to take this amount out in full so I worked say 30 days abroad , does that mean I can directly take out of my business bank account 30x£30?
    You can take out of your business account the total actual costs you personally incurred. This is called the reimbursement of expenses. If that doesn't equal £30 x 30 = £900, then you can also take the difference out as a dividend using the formula (900 - actual total cost) x 80%.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have a look at the posters history.. Might give you an idea with your response. His questions on whether he can claim driving lessons through the company and will invoicing every 6 months reduce his corp tax are classics.......
    Last edited by northernladuk; 28 November 2012, 23:03.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Subsidence...sounds nasty. I'd have a builder or surveyor look at that before it gets any worse.
    <sucks teeth>

It'll cost you ...

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    Am i able to take this amount out in full so I worked say 30 days abroad , does that mean I can directly take out of my business bank account 30x£30 ?
    Yes, but you have to make sure you account for the expenses properly or it will end up costing you a lot of money in tax when you mess it up so run it past your accountant.

If you don't already have an accountant then you should get one. You are going to have to pay a fair bit to do your year end accounts anyway so you might as well get one on a monthly fee and then you an ask these questions whenever you want. There is a topic with accountant recommendations.

Also ask your accountant about claiming the scale rate expenses payments against your company profits because you may be able to claim a lot more than £30/day against your own company expenses.

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    Subsidence...sounds nasty. I'd have a builder or surveyor look at that before it gets any worse.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Jebus I jsut dunno where to start with this one

Leave a comment:

• trsisko
    started a topic Subsidence on timesheet for working abroad for food?

Subsidence on timesheet for working abroad for food?

Hi

so for every day I worked abroad in various countries they paid me an extra £30 pound to cover cost of food.

day worked standard weekend bankholiday subsidence

Am i able to take this amount out in full so I worked say 30 days abroad , does that mean I can directly take out of my business bank account 30x£30 ?

Working...
X