• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35 Survey - Dissertation research"

Collapse

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Done.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Done.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Done and would be interested in seeing the end result.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Done.

The insurance question was a bit iffy.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    No option for 0 current clients.
    Ah, the Suity option

Done.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Did the progress jump from 50% to 100%, or was it just me?

No option for 0 current clients.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    OK, that's a minute or two well spent.

Seriously, you don't appear to have really understood what the BETs (aka "the Victim Tests") are all about, nor their history. They also don't have a direct impact on enforcement, only on selecting targets - and even then HMRC have much better tools for that from your various returns. And as I've said several times, IR35 hasn't changed and the burden of proof remains the same.

Still, the results could be itnresting.

Leave a comment:

• RasputinDude
    replied
    Done. I also would be interested in the results.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Using linkedin and contacts on there. lame i know, but like you said I was aiming to capture different knowledge. Also never got a response from PCG when i asked them several months ago if i could put something on their site... I'm also going to run a few phone interviews, that way i can investigate just what knowledge people have by asking "please explain..."

Happy to share any data i collect.
    I was going to say "Ask the PCG", but I can see several reasons why they wouldn't want to put an external survey on their website (not least because it is a beast of a site to change).

I'll pass on the link though - you may get some interesting feedback from the membership. Although I won't say "IT contractors" too loudly, 60% of the PCG aren't in IT...

Leave a comment:

• prozak
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Did you add that in the "other" box? reworded to: "Would you change the way your company is structured to protect yourself from BET and IR35? (e.g. Move to umbrella, Perm, etc)".

All feedback welcome!
    Right OK.

But now my response is invalid. As i would say No to that question.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I filled it in. I would be interested to see the results but as we know from here not everyone knows IR35 and BET let alone understand them but I bet my bottom dollar even if they have even the slightest awareness they will tick the same boxes as the contractors who focus heavily on them. Wanna be contractor syndrome. Hard for people to admit they don't know important stuff as well.

I also bet most of the contractors that post on here are not a good cross section of reality. Hope you can advertise where those that don't know about the forums and the like can have a go.
    Using linkedin and contacts on there. lame i know, but like you said I was aiming to capture different knowledge. Also never got a response from PCG when i asked them several months ago if i could put something on their site... I'm also going to run a few phone interviews, that way i can investigate just what knowledge people have by asking "please explain..."

Happy to share any data i collect.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by prozak View Post
    Overall I don't think your questions are that great. They assume much I think.
    As with many surveys, yes they do assume, and they are there to answer specific dissertation questions not cover the full subject matter.

If i based on no assumptions i would have to go for qualitative response, which would require much more that little old me to analyse and process.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I filled it in. I would be interested to see the results but as we know from here not everyone knows IR35 and BET let alone understand them but I bet my bottom dollar even if they have even the slightest awareness they will tick the same boxes as the contractors who focus heavily on them. Wanna be contractor syndrome. Hard for people to admit they don't know important stuff as well.

I also bet most of the contractors that post on here are not a good cross section of reality. Hope you can advertise where those that don't know about the forums and the like can have a go.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by prozak View Post
    This question appears vague.

"Would you change the way you operate to protect yourself from BET and IR35"

especially since the follow up is :

"How would you change"

I clicked yes... but then realised you may have meant somthing different to what I thought.

My respose was Other: "review work practices and tighten up areas that could be challenged".

Did you add that in the "other" box? reworded to: "Would you change the way your company is structured to protect yourself from BET and IR35? (e.g. Move to umbrella, Perm, etc)".

All feedback welcome!

Leave a comment:

• prozak
    replied
    This question appears vague.

"Would you change the way you operate to protect yourself from BET and IR35"

especially since the follow up is :

"How would you change"

I clicked yes... but then realised you may have meant somthing different to what I thought.

My respose was Other: "review work practices and tighten up areas that could be challenged".

Last edited by prozak; 28 November 2012, 16:31.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X