• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Get Paid

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Get Paid"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Questioning mods is a bannable offence... HTH
    Not really.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    Lol.

I knew I should have created a new email account!

Appreciate the feedback of course.

I will accept future spanking with grace !!!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
    Because its a stupid question and I should probably know better. I'm an experienced developer but a very new director. Shoot me!!

How did you know it was me?
    Questioning mods is a bannable offence... HTH

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
    Because its a stupid question and I should probably know better. I'm an experienced developer but a very new director. Shoot me!!

If I told you, I'd have to shoot you.

Stick with GeorgeB for the time being, and take the At least you've got your answer. I'd take a director's loan.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    GeorgeB, why are you posting as NewGuy?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Maybe because he has been blowing his trumpet about being a full CUK member here and then just realised he hasn't learned a bloody thing and doesn't want to look like a fool?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
    Quickly someone hide this thread cos poor old NLUK with have a stroke if he sees it!!
    I already have and am recovering well. The keyboard marks from my forehead after banging my head on it for 20 mins are recoving nicely as well.

Leave a comment:

• JamJarST
    replied
    Quickly someone hide this thread cos poor old NLUK with have a stroke if he sees it!!

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by NewGuy View Post
    Could I just take some money out and organise the share dividend paper work next week.
    Yeah, go ahead. It's your company, do what you like with it. Make sure you get your accountant to do the paperwork straight away though and don't go spending all the money not knowing what your company's liabilities are and then find you can't pay it back.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    I disagree too. The company owns the money, I own the company. Tax obligation aside anything else its up to me what I do with it.

Its mine, all mine <evil laugh>

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    But still not his, it's an important distinction and the whole crux of the Agencies Act and why we have to trade this way.

Never, ever think it's 'your money', only shareholder or not - it legally isn't.
    I totally take your point and but disagree. The portion of the money in your account as being sole shareholder in a business you own that does not form part of your liabilities is profit and therefore yours. I think we might be splitting hairs.

When it boils down to it he has money in the bank say 5k for example, he knows he can take 1k of that and meet his liabilities. He doesn't need to check with anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    That's right. Of which he is the director, owner and probably sole share holder.

My point, which I probably made poorly, was that he is running his own business.
    But still not his, it's an important distinction and the whole crux of the Agencies Act and why we have to trade this way.

Never, ever think it's 'your money', only shareholder or not - it legally isn't.

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    This is so wrong it's untrue, it belongs to this OP's Ltd, a legally separate body.
    That's right. Of which he is the director, owner and probably sole share holder.

My point, which I probably made poorly, was that he is running his own business.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    It's your money. Do what you want with it.
    This is so wrong it's untrue, it belongs to this OP's Ltd, a legally separate body.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X