• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chart of accounts and Financial Statements"

Collapse

• JamJarST
    replied
    Originally posted by Luisa78 View Post
    Good afternoon,

i'm searching about coa and financial statements (such as balance sheet, income statement and cash flow).

I work in lisbon...but i need to improve my knowledge about ukgaap and how a uk company works.

Can you please help me?
    Thanks and regards
    The UK does not have a statutory chart of accounts so that is one thing you don't need to worry about.

Why do need to improve your knowledge? Is this so you can run your own business or will you be looking for work in accounts in a UK firm?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Think GAAP is going to get replaced by IFRS soon anyway, though quite what the difference is it's hard to tell.

Was recently trying to figure out ixBRL and came across these refs, all with accounts templates/examples that you might find useful. Use 1st link on companies house page to download zip. It may not look relevant but the zip file has a lot of different examples of accounts, dormant, abreviated, full etc as html in the instances folder

Preparation of Accounts
    http://www.xbrl.org/uk/TechSamples/
    XBRL - Update on eAccounts
    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 July 2011, 18:56.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I think you'll be better off asking this question on an Accountant's forum.

Leave a comment:

• Luisa78
    started a topic Chart of accounts and Financial Statements

Chart of accounts and Financial Statements

Good afternoon,

i'm searching about coa and financial statements (such as balance sheet, income statement and cash flow).

I work in lisbon...but i need to improve my knowledge about ukgaap and how a uk company works.

Can you please help me?
    Thanks and regards

Working...
X