• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone Having Problems Contacting Upton Accountants?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Bugbait is quite correct,

We are very clear on Sub-Judice rules.

These types of posts rarely stay on the straight and narrow which is why I'm locking this one.

I won't delete it incase people want to search. But this is as far as this thread goes.

Leave a comment:

• Bugbait
    replied
    Originally posted by Hex View Post
    I received a letter from Cater Allen bank with whom my LTD has a current account that was set up a few years ago by Darren when he was creating the LTD company. The letter suggested I ring a woman officer at West Yorkshire Police to get details of what is currently happening between them and Darren. I rang the number and she was very forthcoming about what was happening. I'm not at home at the moment, but come Monday I could probably find the police officer's number. Not sure if I should post it here though - mods would this be OK?
    Up to the Mod's but I would think it's okay to share conatct details since it's for the Police after all, nothing top secret. However, I believe the Mod's made it very clear that no details of the ongoing case may be divulged on the forums. Based on the legal advise I got it's okay to discuss it with others already familair with the details and posisbly in private, just not publicly since it's an open investigation. Someone better versed in the legal side of things is welcome to correct me though.

Leave a comment:

• Hex
    replied
    I received a letter from Cater Allen bank with whom my LTD has a current account that was set up a few years ago by Darren when he was creating the LTD company. The letter suggested I ring a woman officer at West Yorkshire Police to get details of what is currently happening between them and Darren. I rang the number and she was very forthcoming about what was happening. I'm not at home at the moment, but come Monday I could probably find the police officer's number. Not sure if I should post it here though - mods would this be OK?

Leave a comment:

• abarham
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Put "Darren Upton" into Google
    I have done. But he's always been spot on with me, so i'm always prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Put "Darren Upton" into Google

Leave a comment:

• abarham
    replied
    Originally posted by ksareen View Post
    I have been a customer with Darren for 4 years, so I am a bit worried too.

Bumfluff, is there anything you know about, please share with the group or send me a PM too.

Really looking into switching now...

Mod note: I'll ask Admin to give you PM access ksareen.

me too - been wiv Darren for nearly 4 years now & starting to get a bit concerned, could you please share with me too

Leave a comment:

• ksareen
    replied
    I have been a customer with Darren for 4 years, so I am a bit worried too.

Bumfluff, is there anything you know about, please share with the group or send me a PM too.

Really looking into switching now...

Mod note: I'll ask Admin to give you PM access ksareen.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Darren does seem to be no longer responding to emails, had better luck with his staff but he doesn't seem to be communicating with them either....

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
    I know certain things should not be mentioned and bearing that in mind with any answers...

But up to a few weeks again I was receiving prompt emails from Uptons about my account prepartion. The last communication said that Darren was off on holiday but was returning on the 20th. I have emailed and also attempted to telephone, but no answers.

Does anybody on here know if Darren is back at his office?

Thanks
    Sent you a PM

Leave a comment:

• castoff101
    replied
    Dare I ...

I know certain things should not be mentioned and bearing that in mind with any answers...

But up to a few weeks again I was receiving prompt emails from Uptons about my account prepartion. The last communication said that Darren was off on holiday but was returning on the 20th. I have emailed and also attempted to telephone, but no answers.

Does anybody on here know if Darren is back at his office?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    Your next suggestion if my calls are not answered is to visit his office in person yes?
    If allowed and it's easy to do so it's not a bad idea.

Am I working for him for him or is he working for me?

Your accountant works for you. If they're not fulfilling your expectations treat them as you would any other recalcitrant employee.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedAussie
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    Good grief - why not just ring the man?!
    Your next suggestion if my calls are not answered is to visit his office in person yes?

Am I working for him for him or is he working for me?

Leave a comment:

• castoff101
    replied
    Not easy to telephone in a busy open plan office - email is a lot more discreet...

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Yes he got back to me on Friday - But answer was not entirely clear so am waiting for clarification
    Good grief - why not just ring the man?!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Yes he got back to me on Friday - But answer was not entirely clear so am waiting for clarification
    Have you ever thought it may be how you phrase your questions?

I was always told the key to getting useful answers out of busy people was to phrase the question correctly, and sometimes by doing that you work out the answer yourself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X