• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Having Problems Contacting Upton Accountants?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richy
    Litigation is not always the answer. Open communication is better.

The fob off replies from Uptons are not ideal, "almost ready", "just finalising over the next few days" etc. Issues weren't sorted despite the frequent comms originating with us.

Would it not have been better to be upfront and honest about the staffing problems you have just revealed? And do that immediately next time.

** That is always the best policy in the way I work, I often tell clients "Sorry, I have an existing project I am working on, I do not have the resources to complete your deliverables at the moment, therefore I will not be able to take it on".

** I would not take it on and then give excuses about my cat being ill, or my garage door not locking or even staff being off etc etc. That is irrelevant to my clients!

A little hilarious that Uptons are taking on referrals when already overstretched! Perhaps drop those new referrals a pm or email to let them know *realistic* timescales? It is new year's resolution time after all!
    Seriously there is nothing stopping you changing accountants if you are unhappy with Uptons' Service. Many people on the board and who I know in real life have done so.

In fact I'm surprised that Uptons' don't just turn around and say they don't want your business any more forcing you to do so.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I sent an email the other day to Darren, he replied within a few hours.

I have always found that emails have been replied to pretty quickly, no problems ever!

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
        I sent an email the other day to Darren, he replied within a few hours.

I have always found that emails have been replied to pretty quickly, no problems ever!
        Yes he got back to me on Friday - But answer was not entirely clear so am waiting for clarification

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
          Yes he got back to me on Friday - But answer was not entirely clear so am waiting for clarification
          Have you ever thought it may be how you phrase your questions?

I was always told the key to getting useful answers out of busy people was to phrase the question correctly, and sometimes by doing that you work out the answer yourself.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Good grief - why not just ring the man?!

Comment

Not easy to telephone in a busy open plan office - email is a lot more discreet...

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                Good grief - why not just ring the man?!
                Your next suggestion if my calls are not answered is to visit his office in person yes?

Am I working for him for him or is he working for me?

Comment

Your next suggestion if my calls are not answered is to visit his office in person yes?
                  If allowed and it's easy to do so it's not a bad idea.

Am I working for him for him or is he working for me?

Your accountant works for you. If they're not fulfilling your expectations treat them as you would any other recalcitrant employee.

Comment

Dare I ...

I know certain things should not be mentioned and bearing that in mind with any answers...

But up to a few weeks again I was receiving prompt emails from Uptons about my account prepartion. The last communication said that Darren was off on holiday but was returning on the 20th. I have emailed and also attempted to telephone, but no answers.

Does anybody on here know if Darren is back at his office?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
                      I know certain things should not be mentioned and bearing that in mind with any answers...

But up to a few weeks again I was receiving prompt emails from Uptons about my account prepartion. The last communication said that Darren was off on holiday but was returning on the 20th. I have emailed and also attempted to telephone, but no answers.

Does anybody on here know if Darren is back at his office?

Thanks
                      Sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                      X