• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is this a good deal?"

Collapse

• Qdos Contractor
    replied
    Just to clarify, our business policies are fully insured by international underwriters - the PI by HCC and the EL/PL by Groupama. They are comprehensive policies and the wordings can be downloaded on the website if you want to compare.

Leave a comment:

• Encore
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    There are companies that do that for £40 per year. However they can't be used as a trading address but will forward official mail to you.

Insurance is a real variable as some contracts may ask you to have more cover than others or due to where they work mean you you have to take out more insurance.
    But when the company providing the registered office is also your accountant, it does save forwarding on post.

Defo shop around for insurance as with any thing....including accountants

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Who?
    Sorry can't find it as I'm not at home until next week.

I did just google for business insurance and quite a few companies popped up so I put stuff in all of them for quotes.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Encore View Post
    Included in the monthly fee is the use of the registered office service (central london address).
    There are companies that do that for £40 per year. However they can't be used as a trading address but will forward official mail to you.

Insurance is a real variable as some contracts may ask you to have more cover than others or due to where they work mean you you have to take out more insurance.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Qdos insurance is provided through a specific insurance end provider.

I know because when I went to renew my insurance another company provided exactly the same policy at a cheaper price (they were doing a discount) while some others were more expensive. And yes I was sad enough to download the policy booklets to check.
    Who?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Just make sure yo are comparing like-for-like against seemingly more expensive companies. Don't know about Qdos specifically, but not all insurances cover the same things. Be silly to save £100 on a policy if it doesn't cover what you need it to cover.
    Qdos insurance is provided through a specific insurance end provider.

I know because when I went to renew my insurance another company provided exactly the same policy at a cheaper price (they were doing a discount) while some others were more expensive. And yes I was sad enough to download the policy booklets to check.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I'd check QDos out for insurance.

I've found they tend to be the cheapest and they give you 3 free contract assessments, via their Freelancer Club, when you take out their insurance.
    Just make sure yo are comparing like-for-like against seemingly more expensive companies. Don't know about Qdos specifically, but not all insurances cover the same things. Be silly to save £100 on a policy if it doesn't cover what you need it to cover.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I'd check QDos out for insurance.

I've found they tend to be the cheapest and they give you 3 free contract assessments, via their Freelancer Club, when you take out their insurance.

Leave a comment:

• Encore
    replied
    Originally posted by monobrow View Post
    Does it cover using your LTD Co' companies registered office as your address?
    Included in the monthly fee is the use of the registered office service (central london address).

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by monobrow View Post
    Just another example of an unnecessary industry charging through the nose for stuff you can do yourself. The parasites!

(kidding)

Leave a comment:

• monobrow
    replied
    It does cover all mortgage/rental references and unlimited IR35 reviews abd £15 Annual return fee.

Leave a comment:

• Encore
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    That's just one IR35 review though - if you have three in a year it becomes expensive paying for them each time.

Many accountants will also allow you to use their office as your registered office and service address free of charge, along with covering the £15 annual filing fee in their charges.

Also check on extras - things like mortgage references.
    It does cover all mortgage/rental references and unlimited IR35 reviews abd £15 Annual return fee.

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    I gues it does depend if you need the insurance or not and if you want your contract reviewed for IR35.

If I go with Nixon Williams or Intouch that costs £75 per month.

The cheapest insurance I have been quoted is £310 for the year (although this now looks expensive compared to what people are saying).

Bauer & Cottrell do IR35 review for £75 and registered office (because I cant use my rented flat) I have found for £15

so thats £122 per month as seperates....and thats without the IR35 cover (abbey tax I believe).

Am i missing something?
    That's just one IR35 review though - if you have three in a year it becomes expensive paying for them each time.

Many accountants will also allow you to use their office as your registered office and service address free of charge, along with covering the £15 annual filing fee in their charges.

Also check on extras - things like mortgage references.

Leave a comment:

• monobrow
    replied
    I gues it does depend if you need the insurance or not and if you want your contract reviewed for IR35.

The cheapest insurance I have been quoted is £310 for the year (although this now looks expensive compared to what people are saying).

Bauer & Cottrell do IR35 review for £75 and registered office (because I cant use my rented flat) I have found for £15

so thats £122 per month as seperates....and thats without the IR35 cover (abbey tax I believe).

Am i missing something?
    Actually, NW do charge more if you use them as a registered office. It is my only gripe - so far............

Leave a comment:

• Encore
    replied

Am i missing something?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X