• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Which accountant?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which accountant?"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Stilwell Gray, been using them for years.

Leave a comment:

• monobrow
    replied
    + Nixon Williams, came across well and have had no problems in first 3 months anyway
    - K&B as didn't return my call for new business
    - SJD as they seemed very keen to make it as easy as they could for themselves & fit me into a box, i.e. not very personal

just my 2 pence. there are loads out there, ring them up, ask the right questions, make your choice. but any of the top 10 are good enough i'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• sy8111
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    I use Nixon Williams and have no problems, they charge £75+VAT per month.

I had a flyer from Primus a few months ago, but noticed that they were not qualified accountants, the £60 offer is probably a teaser to build up their business.
    How to check accountancy qualification? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Professional Contractors Group have a search engine for accountants in your area that are trained in IR35 matters.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    I use Nixon Williams and have no problems, they charge £75+VAT per month.

I had a flyer from Primus a few months ago, but noticed that they were not qualified accountants, the £60 offer is probably a teaser to build up their business.

Leave a comment:

• sy8111
    replied
    Originally posted by creativejunki View Post
    Cheers for advice. So far I have been recommended;

SJD
    Primus
    InTouch
    Churchill Knight

Its whittled the list down which helps.
    I checked SJD and Primus, former fee is about 95/m, and latter is 60/m. Anyone can tell whether there is real difference of their services? Is it OK I go for the cheaper one?

Leave a comment:

• creativejunki
    replied
    Cheers

Cheers for advice. So far I have been recommended;

SJD
    Primus
    InTouch
    Churchill Knight

Its whittled the list down which helps.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Do a search for the word accountant. All the firms will pop up.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I use SJD as do many others here. They are not the cheapest but are very good, particularly when you're new. Bear in mind that you don't just want someone who will keep your books in order, but someone who can be relied on to give you good advice on taxation etc.

Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• Newby
    replied
    I thought linky linky's

were banned?

Leave a comment:

• Newby
    replied
    in fact

you probably are.....

Leave a comment:

• manclarky
    replied
    Try Clare

I use InTouch - Clare is always on here offering advice so should be pretty easy to get hold of.

Reasonable rates and very helpful, with an intuitive web-based application for submitting monthly accounts.

Damn - I should be in sales.

<link removed - use Google if you want to look them up )>
    Last edited by administrator; 3 November 2010, 12:29. Reason: Remove link

Leave a comment:

• creativejunki
    started a topic Which accountant?

Which accountant?

I am about to go into contracting for the first time, and have a contract to start in a couple of weeks. I have sorted out the Limited company set up and need to appoint an accountant - any recommendations/advice/ones to avoid?

Working...
X