• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Arrested for drugs possession but not charged yet - do I disclose?"

Collapse

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    I would advise explaining the situation to your line manager or to an HR rep to see what they suggest. _Some_ banks would terminate your contract on the spot, but others may be more lenient. You may get away lying on your declaration, but these things can take months, I couldnt stand the stress every time my manager asked for a quick word.

You'd be surprised how many people have dabbled themselves at some point in their life, and they realise that these things don't usually affect your work negatively

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Not when you have admitted the offence.......
    They might lose the evidence..... no charge to answer....

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Is it not...

innocent until proved guilty anymore?

Silly me....
    Not when you have admitted the offence.......

Leave a comment:

• Numpty
    replied
    Originally posted by mirageman View Post
    I was walking back home rolling a spliff...

I was also carrying class A psychedelic drugs (acid, dmt, 2cb, 2ce) for personal consumption...

I work in investment banking...
    Remind me again why the global economy is FUBAR?

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Is it not...

innocent until proved guilty anymore?

Silly me....

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Put some LSD in the water cooler at the investment bank. Bring your weed too, and when the traders start mumbling into their keyboards and trying to climb into the trading screens you can roll a few spliffs and calm everyone down.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TheVoice
    replied
    As I see it, the "offence" has no relation to your skills at an IT Contractor, nor is it a fraud case. Therefore, any client has no right to go poking around.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    From the man that starts "Light a Candle for One a Day" topics.

Pussy.
    Meow

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    There is nothing stopping a bank getting CRB checks done except admin costs.

http://www.crb.gov.uk/using_the_webs...anisation.aspx

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Well it beats the standard Monday morning 'What expenses can I claim' from a first time poster type post.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    You've all been drawn in by this sockie, haven't you?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'm not sure that I'd bet my job prospects on something that you read by HAB on this forum!!
    OI. Gertcha!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    My point being that the ‘criminal waiver’ document is just the same. As far as I know there is no legitimate way to get this verified unless it is one of those checks for specific jobs that involve vulnerable people or require security clearance. The banks or any other commercial entity don’t have access.
    Originally posted by mirageman View Post
    Can anyone confirm the veracity of this?
    I'm not sure that I'd bet my job prospects on something that you read by HAB on this forum!!

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by RedTag View Post
    Really? I would point to the evidence that suggests otherwise.

We all make mistakes, and perhaps learn and grow from them, or refuse their existence.

I thought maybe you could go either way, but after reading your second post I realise you haven't arrived in this situation humbled and ashamed; instead your arrogant, combative and unremorseful.

But worst of all, you are stupid. In so many ways you, and your attitude, is what is wrong with today's society.

WHS!!

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    I`ll just say 'good luck' .
    I`m tempted to say "honesty is the best policy" but depends on how likely they are to find this information out. The consequences of you signing the form and them finding out that you were not being honest could be quite servere. I personally would be honest about it and learn from the mistake and accept the consequences, we all make mistakes and should accept the consequences.

Knowing where the information ends up can be unpredictable and depends on the local Police force, they can do some things differently. For example, a warning(less severe than a caution) may only be held by the local Police force but others may stick it on the PNC for a period of time (such as a year), just in case you`re caught somewhere else for the same offence. After a year it is removed from the PNC but the local Police force will obviously still have a record of the offense.

Personally I`d be surprised if a drug related issue was not stored on the PNC.
    I don`t know what information banks can access but if a criminal records check is carried out you could be busted! However,usually you have to sign your consent to such a check being carried out and if you haven`t that probably means they won`t find out.

Risky dicision!
    Last edited by SuperZ; 11 October 2009, 22:16.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X