• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dispensation riddle: Joe the contractor"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    There's some piss poor English in that too.

How does umbrella companies charge?

...anyone?
    In a V formation with a pincer movement to follow?

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    There's some piss poor English in that too.

How does umbrella companies charge?

...anyone?

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    One last point, the iser at IP 155.198.137.239 updated the Wikipedia page 27 times in the last week, arranging and re-arranging the list of ubmrella companies so that they are ordered with Ganumbra at the top of the list.

It's an ICL IP address (Imperial College London?)

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Why would you need the link? You were talking about Ganumbra here a whole week ago. Time for you to go and spam another forum I think, you've been sussed
    Haha! The 'not so subtle' spamming game

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by cbhuliyar View Post
    There is a complete list of umbrella companies with charges on Wikipedia.

At least one I can find, which is charging at 10 pounds per month. They also have 5 years free trial period.

look up the wiki or Search Ganumbra on Google.
    Originally posted by hiteshg View Post
    Thanks a lot huliyar, 10 pouds is wonderful, I am hopeful.. send me the link...
    Why would you need the link? You were talking about Ganumbra here a whole week ago. Time for you to go and spam another forum I think, you've been sussed

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Barge poles at hand? Avoid like the plague if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Interestingly for a company that is only two weeks old (23rd June), they have a few testimonials on the site already.

For what it's worth Ganumbra is registered to the 24 year old Indian National Mrs Akhila Shekhar (Software Engineer) of Hounslow with "offices" at the physical address of a formation company.

Interestingly though there are 1000 shares in the company and Mrs Shekhar has only one of them. No idea who gets the divis on the other 999?

They offer a free service, so I suppose you pays your money and takes your chance.

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    A new company that goes to voicemail... not a good start.

I only phoned to find out how they are financing five years free payroll....

Leave a comment:

• hiteshg
    replied
    I give you some credit, the long build up to your advertisment was pretty good, but really, do you think we're that stupid?
    stupidity ! I dont care if some number matches.. but then are they really new ? ... will i get my money through them or not

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Must admit. I didn't spot it as SPAM either until you guys did too. Ho hum.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I give you some credit, the long build up to your advertisment was pretty good, but really, do you think we're that stupid?

Leave a comment:

• hiteshg
    replied

At least one I can find, which is charging at 10 pounds per month. They also have 5 years free trial period.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

Now I understand.

hiteshg joins the forum with a hypothetical story of a contractor who earns £125 per day. By some magical coincidence, this hypothetical £125 a day is the same amount the example contractor on the Ganumbra website is quoted as earning.

After a couple of days complaining about how expensive umbrella companies are, and how he's going to go and find one that costs less that £100 a year, we have the magical appearance of cbhuliyar. He tells us all about an umbrella called Ganumbra who will apparently act as an umbrella for £10 a month but let you have the first 5 years for free.

Funnily enough, Ganumbra was only registered at Companies House 2 weeks ago.

I call bullsh*t, the pair of you can go somewhere else.
    Last edited by DiscoStu; 9 July 2009, 13:49.

Leave a comment:

• cbhuliyar
    replied
    look up

Exactly how stupid are you?

£100 a year for an umbrella? The insurances they give you cost at least twice that for starters.

Do you seriously expect to find an umbrella that charges £8.33 a month? Muppet

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Well, looks like there is no other option. But I am half minded, do not want to take all that hassel of filing papers and calculations.

Will search for a decent umbralla. If I can find one that charges ~100 a year without hidden charges, will settle with them for sure. at least I can trust them.
    Exactly how stupid are you?

£100 a year for an umbrella? The insurances they give you cost at least twice that for starters.

Do you seriously expect to find an umbrella that charges £8.33 a month? Muppet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X