• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dispensation riddle: Joe the contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hiteshg View Post
    which is the cheapest brolly in the market ? is there any brolly thats free, probably for life time ?
    Cheapest isn't always best. Search the boards as I'm sure that this question has already been asked on here before.
    King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      I think you're talking yourself into running a Ltd Co. Myself, I wouldn't do it any other way.
      Well, looks like there is no other option. But I am half minded, do not want to take all that hassel of filing papers and calculations.

Will search for a decent umbralla. If I can find one that charges ~100 a year without hidden charges, will settle with them for sure. at least I can trust them.

Comment

For that price I expect that you'll probably be sorting out your own insurance..........

Comment

It really isn't much hassle at all providing you get organised. But, horses for courses, etc.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Seriously though, I would want to know what you would expect from an umbrella company for £100 a year??

Comment

Well, looks like there is no other option. But I am half minded, do not want to take all that hassel of filing papers and calculations.

Will search for a decent umbralla. If I can find one that charges ~100 a year without hidden charges, will settle with them for sure. at least I can trust them.
              Exactly how stupid are you?

£100 a year for an umbrella? The insurances they give you cost at least twice that for starters.

Do you seriously expect to find an umbrella that charges £8.33 a month? Muppet
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

look up

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Exactly how stupid are you?

£100 a year for an umbrella? The insurances they give you cost at least twice that for starters.

Do you seriously expect to find an umbrella that charges £8.33 a month? Muppet
                There is a complete list of umbrella companies with charges on Wikipedia.

At least one I can find, which is charging at 10 pounds per month. They also have 5 years free trial period.

look up the wiki or Search Ganumbra on Google.

Comment

Originally posted by cbhuliyar View Post

At least one I can find, which is charging at 10 pounds per month. They also have 5 years free trial period.

Now I understand.

hiteshg joins the forum with a hypothetical story of a contractor who earns £125 per day. By some magical coincidence, this hypothetical £125 a day is the same amount the example contractor on the Ganumbra website is quoted as earning.

After a couple of days complaining about how expensive umbrella companies are, and how he's going to go and find one that costs less that £100 a year, we have the magical appearance of cbhuliyar. He tells us all about an umbrella called Ganumbra who will apparently act as an umbrella for £10 a month but let you have the first 5 years for free.

Funnily enough, Ganumbra was only registered at Companies House 2 weeks ago.

I call bullsh*t, the pair of you can go somewhere else.
                  Last edited by DiscoStu; 9 July 2009, 13:49.
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by cbhuliyar View Post

Thanks a lot huliyar, 10 pouds is wonderful, I am hopeful.. send me the link...

Comment

Thanks a lot huliyar, 10 pouds is wonderful, I am hopeful.. send me the link...
                      I give you some credit, the long build up to your advertisment was pretty good, but really, do you think we're that stupid?
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X