• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gym/Health club

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gym/Health club"

Collapse

• backlight
    replied
    Understand it is a BIK but is it a justifiable business expense. Ie - no requirement to pay CT on the expenditure?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Sounds good, problem is I've joined the local Spa, it's a stressful life you know. £180 a month for me and my wife, it is wonderful though.

I've now talked with my IFA. Membership of the gym through the business is a BIK, no doubt about it. So will scrap the idea.

Thanks anyway guys...

Leave a comment:

• Keldin
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Wot he said.

How much are your premiums for Pru Health.

I see BUPA are now offering this as well.
    Except the BUPA one is just a years free and its only at Fitness First.
    PruHealth is for Canons, LA Fitness or Virgin, it's ongoing and and free as long as you go twice or more a week.
    Costs less than £25 a month for PruHelath so even if you only take it for the gym membership its still less than half the price of a basic Canons membership which is over £60 normally.

PruHealth is not the same type of medical cover as BUPA though.

K

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Keldin View Post
    BUPA ia a BIK
    Discounted or full price gym membership that is paid for by your employer on a per person basis is a BIK.
    If they have a deal with a gym chain where you get a discounted membership but you pay the fee yourself it's not a BIK.
    If they have a deal with a gym chain where all their employees get membership but they don't pay per person its not a BIK.
    At least thats what I've been told.

Just get PruHealth and get free gym membership.

K
    Wot he said.

How much are your premiums for Pru Health.

I see BUPA are now offering this as well.

Leave a comment:

• Keldin
    replied
    BUPA ia a BIK
    Discounted or full price gym membership that is paid for by your employer on a per person basis is a BIK.
    If they have a deal with a gym chain where you get a discounted membership but you pay the fee yourself it's not a BIK.
    If they have a deal with a gym chain where all their employees get membership but they don't pay per person its not a BIK.
    At least thats what I've been told.

Just get PruHealth and get free gym membership.

K

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I've had corporate gym membership before, as a permie, which got me a reduced monthly fee - that was it. Would like to know how I transfer the same benefits to myself now that I'm both employer & employee.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    This is kind of confusing. I'm sure I've had corporate gym membership before without having to declare it on my P11D?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    This would also be true, for example, with BUPA insurance?

Think I need to talk to my IFA....

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    You can expense what the hell you want. The question is; is it a BIK on which you will pay tax?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    started a topic Gym/Health club

Gym/Health club

Since all those expense questions are floating about...

Under what circumstances could I make my membership payments a company expense? Employee benefit perhaps?

Working...
X