• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My first tax payment wohoo! Quick question though.."

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    NO No no...

Point of principle for MyCo is to send all payments to Her Majesty Revenue and Customs in paper form and make them do the fiddly stuff. Bad use of company reserves but I get a perverse pleasure out of it!

And BTW you're signing as an officer of your company, not as yourself, so no worries on that score.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    You can pay online for any previous months if you want: you just change the reference to indicate the month. The normal reference means "current" month, but I've found they've got confused more than once so sometimes it's easier just to be clear.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers/doi...1_5-10.htm#5_9

Leave a comment:

• monkeyBoy32
    replied
    Hmm - ok.

My accountant sort of sorts it all out at the moment (thank god) They just send me 1 page from the yellow slip book already filled in (apart from signature)..

They said I need it to be by the end of the month - maybe just trying to keep on top of things.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    You can pay from online account without registering. Think you can also pay by credit card etc. Doesn't it give methods on back of payslip book?

Or send null amount by email, see IR website, and sort next time. There is no legal requirement to pay correct amount in any quarter as long as what is due is paid by April 5th.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 15 November 2007, 20:37.

Leave a comment:

• monkeyBoy32
    replied
    Can I even pay this month's online? I need to send mine off nowish.. Do I have to register/set stuff up? Can I do straight away?

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Pay it online is by far the easiest way.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyBoy32 View Post
    Cool - thanks. Well I'll do that next time - I'll get this one sent off now.

So we deffo think I sign the yellow bank giro as well as the cheque?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• monkeyBoy32
    replied
    Cool - thanks. Well I'll do that next time - I'll get this one sent off now.

So we deffo think I sign the yellow bank giro as well as the cheque?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    BACS fer me too... Royail Mail employees can't nick it and stick it in a account setup called Irlandia Revenae

true & happened in the 90's

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    I pay all ours via bacs, it's much easier with internet banking.

But from memory, I beleive you have to sign it.

Leave a comment:

• monkeyBoy32
    started a topic My first tax payment wohoo! Quick question though..

My first tax payment wohoo! Quick question though..

Alright - stupid question time...

I've got a yellow bank giro credit that I need to send off to HMR with a cheque. The cheque is is obviously a company bank acc cheque but, on the yellow bank giro there's a signature and date bit..

Do I sign this or is it the people (hmr) that sign it when they pay it in?

I know.. .. a stupid question but now I come to do it, I just want to make sure I get it right...

Working...
X