• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Directors Loan Accounts"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Or to put it another way, the company still owes you £350 of dividend payment.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by MobileCheese View Post
    A different question on Directors Loans.

I had my accounts done and the div payments were rounded up, this left a surplus of approx £350 being the difference between the divs I actually took say for example £7650 and the rounded up divs for the accounts £8000. I was advised that I could pay this £350 back to myself as a directors loans repayment, thing is I never loaned this to the company, the £350 just came about from the rounding up. Is this ok to do ?
    Yes, your directors account will just be £350 in credit so you could take it when ever you wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• MobileCheese
    replied
    A different question on Directors Loans.

I had my accounts done and the div payments were rounded up, this left a surplus of approx £350 being the difference between the divs I actually took say for example £7650 and the rounded up divs for the accounts £8000. I was advised that I could pay this £350 back to myself as a directors loans repayment, thing is I never loaned this to the company, the £350 just came about from the rounding up. Is this ok to do ?

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    BB - not sure what you're asking here.

A Directors Loan is a Loan a Director makes to the company, say to see it through a sticky patch or to cover start up costs.

If you have taken money out of a company, I think this is not very good [ perhaps even illegal ].

A Directors loan account can also be used to borrow money from the company, although there is a limit to the amount you are allowed to borrow (to prevent people borrowing money instead of taking dividends ).
    If I remember correctly, this limit is about 5k.

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    Originally posted by BabyBird View Post
    Calling all accounts experts. I have an overdrawn DLA with a company which until August I was a Director of. This company is going into liquidation and I have resigned as a director. Does anybody know if I have to pay back this DLA and if I don't what are the implications?
    Short answer is yes, you will have to pay it back if there are any creditors (ie people the Company owes money to).

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    BB - not sure what you're asking here.

A Directors Loan is a Loan a Director makes to the company, say to see it through a sticky patch or to cover start up costs.

If you have taken money out of a company, I think this is not very good [ perhaps even illegal ].

Can you provide more details of which way the money went, why are are still not a director, were you the sole director etc...

May be able to help you more then..

Leave a comment:

• BabyBird
    started a topic Directors Loan Accounts

Directors Loan Accounts

Calling all accounts experts. I have an overdrawn DLA with a company which until August I was a Director of. This company is going into liquidation and I have resigned as a director. Does anybody know if I have to pay back this DLA and if I don't what are the implications?

Working...
X