• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A couple of newbie questions"

Collapse

• Flat Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyBoy32 View Post
    Thanks for your info - yes, I already have an accountant.

Thing is - he is really slow getting back to me. Are all accountants like this or have I just got unlucky?
    Name & Shame.....

Leave a comment:

• monkeyBoy32
    replied
    Thanks for your info - yes, I already have an accountant.

Thing is - he is really slow getting back to me. Are all accountants like this or have I just got unlucky?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Well - that's really good news surely? I assumed that most of the contracts (I will be working as a .net developer) would fall under ir35. That means I can actually bank considerably more than I had prevoisly thought.
    That would depend on whether you are using your own Limited Company or an Umbrella Company.

If you use your own Ltd, and are OUSIDE of IR35 you can expect to personally bank about 75-80% of your invoice amount[exc VAT].

However this is also subjectto amounts of expenses, tax thresholds and all sorts of other variables - get an accountant.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    That means I can actually bank considerably more than I had prevoisly thought.
    So now you're outside IR35, "Yow will be considerably richer than yow"

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    No. A contractors do not have to have two clients.

NotAllThere

Leave a comment:

• monkeyBoy32
    replied
    Well - that's really good news surely? I assumed that most of the contracts (I will be working as a .net developer) would fall under ir35. That means I can actually bank considerably more than I had prevoisly thought.

I also heard that, as a contractor, you need at least 2 clients - is that correct?

Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    monkeyBoy32 - do your research as advised above, have no idea where you came up with all contracts fall under IR35, this is not true at all (the opposite is actually true) it all depends on the Ts&Cs of the contract , there are sample contracts on PCG websites.

Good luck
    T&Cs are not the be-all and end-all - it's more about the actual working conditions than what the contract says.

I'd be surprised if any of the contracts are really within IR35 - have a read up, have a search, join the PCG or take out some kind of investigation insurance.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I thought I was quite polite.

I said please and I didn't call him anything rude.

He's lucky Malvolio isn't around....

Leave a comment:

• where did my id go?
    replied
    As stated, perhaps a little tersely , you need to read up.

However, the evening and weekend stuff is very unlikely to fall into ir35 - how could it?

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    monkeyBoy32 - do your research as advised above, have no idea where you came up with all contracts fall under IR35, this is not true at all (the opposite is actually true) it all depends on the Ts&Cs of the contract , there are sample contracts on PCG websites.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Please read the stickies on this forum and the 'First Timers' link on the right.

Also look act the Professional Contractors Group (PCG) website.

And use the Search function.

Leave a comment:

• monkeyBoy32
    started a topic A couple of newbie questions

A couple of newbie questions

Hello - looking into setting myself up as a ltd company.

I understand that most of my contracts will fall under the IR35 rule as I will be working on site using a companies equipment etc..

I also intend to work on other projects on evenings and weekends which will be paid for through my ltd company as well.

These jobs will done from home using my own equipment - do these fall under ir35 as well?

And - is this a normal way of working?

I know these are newbie questions but wouldn't mind knowing if I'm headed in the right direction and what else I need to look out for?

Thanks

Working...
X