• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Umbrella or direct through client PAYE"

Collapse

• Tester
    replied
    Thanks all, this isn't through an agency I'll be contracted too and paid directly by the client

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Tester View Post
    Been deemed inside IR35 and my natural assumption was I'd setup an umbrella company but my client has said they will pay me through their payroll directly. Is this good or bad?. I'm thinking it would avoid umbrella fees and employer NI but not sure on the downside?.

thanks in advance
    Reasons for using an umbrella - if you want to put a lot (say £2000+ a month) into your pension at which point the umbrella fee is easily outweighed by the extra employer NI payments going direct into that pension pot.

Except for that umbrella's add a risk for zero real benefit.

If you are on agency / client PAYE remember to use your holidays and claim them (they won't be paid in advance as a lot of umbrellas work).
    Last edited by eek; 18 November 2021, 17:03.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    This has been asked a lot though so the Google search method is your friend.

Here is an example but you can play with the search terms.

https://www.google.com/search?q=umbr...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Get them to send you a detailed break down of the pay and then go speak to Clarity Umbrella and get the same and compare.

One main area where the brolly may trump the agent is pensions. If you can you want to be using pension payments to bring the tax liability down as much as possible.

Depends on your circumstances so get clear information on each of the offering and then chose the elements that suit you best.

Leave a comment:

• Tester
    started a topic Umbrella or direct through client PAYE

Umbrella or direct through client PAYE

Been deemed inside IR35 and my natural assumption was I'd setup an umbrella company but my client has said they will pay me through their payroll directly. Is this good or bad?. I'm thinking it would avoid umbrella fees and employer NI but not sure on the downside?.

thanks in advance

Working...
X