• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Edward Carter solutions ceased trading"

Collapse

• Ken Russell
    replied
    Edward Carter

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
    Yes, I think we are arriving at the same point... there will be sweet FA left. Bank will take the credit balance of the accounts against their charge, the proceeds of property will be lost against the charge on it (but who's buying commercial property in this market!?). Then the admin will mop up the rest.

(fortunately, I'm clear of ECS and not owed anything!)

M
    They have gone into Creditors Voluntary Liquidation, and as observed there are 2 charges against them. My colleagues and I are resigned to not seeing any of our money.

My understanding is that the liquidators are aware of our status and that we are owed money.

From what I understand many agencies run such that contractors always get paid, regardless of the situation of the agency, its just unfortunate that in this case they were robbing us to pay the banks. Such is the price of capitalism !

Should anything more unfold I'll add it to this thread...after all I havent got anything else to do !

Ken

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Clause 16 is designed to help the bank not you. Ignore it and remember that the only money you will see is what's left after the administrator has spent everything he can vaguely justify from what's left (which as Tarbera says will be nothing or as near as).
    Yes, I think we are arriving at the same point... there will be sweet FA left. Bank will take the credit balance of the accounts against their charge, the proceeds of property will be lost against the charge on it (but who's buying commercial property in this market!?). Then the admin will mop up the rest.

(fortunately, I'm clear of ECS and not owed anything!)

M

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    That was my question:

If the bank uses funds on deposit against their charge, then there are no funds for the receivers (or creditors).

Much like if you go personally bankrupt: Trustee takes control of all assets but the the mortgage company (and any other charge holders) gets 1st dibs on proceeds of the house sale before the trustee and other creditors get their share of proceeds.

M
    Clause 16 is designed to help the bank not you. Ignore it and remember that the only money you will see is what's left after the administrator has spent everything he can vaguely justify from what's left (which as Tarbera says will be nothing or as near as).

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Fantasy again

The company is not trading as they have no money

Administrators will Hoover up any scraps left

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    That was my question:

If the bank uses funds on deposit against their charge, then there are no funds for the receivers (or creditors).

Much like if you go personally bankrupt: Trustee takes control of all assets but the the mortgage company (and any other charge holders) gets 1st dibs on proceeds of the house sale before the trustee and other creditors get their share of proceeds.

M

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    There are two active charges in place.

Clause 16 of the Barclays charge allows for the bank to set off any credit balances against the charge. Not sure if that puts them at the top of the table for recovering funds ahead of other creditors? Not idea for you if that's the case!

Linky -> Companies House

M
    Fantasy again

The company is not trading as they have no money

Administrators will Hoover up any scraps left

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    There are two active charges in place.

Clause 16 of the Barclays charge allows for the bank to set off any credit balances against the charge. Not sure if that puts them at the top of the table for recovering funds ahead of other creditors? Not idea for you if that's the case!

Linky -> Companies House

M

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    Another, more serious, thought occurs: I assume you were on Self billing terms?

The receivers/administrators/Insolvency Practitioners (have they shut down, been wound up or go into administration/receivership etc?) will have no idea that you are a creditor until the self bill invoice is created. I recall that only happened the day or day before they paid out to the PSC.

Theoretically, there could be a lot of assets (outstanding invoices to Client Co) and very few creditors (PSCs with unpaid self bill invoices). They might make it a song and dance to get your claim in (its in their interest to minimise the pay outs!)... not sure if they have to accept a change from Self bill to invoice terms AFTER the date of closure or if you can invoice after that date anyway!

M

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken Russell View Post
    they have been invoiced but have not yet paid them, thats the gutting thing as I know the money owed will be paid to them and then go to the other creditors before us ! (5 of us involved via the one client company)
    Perhaps... your timesheet(s) were incorrect? As an honest and just type of person, you should contact Client Co and offer to amend them asap... Thus the invoice needs to be amended too. Client Co should then give you a "well done" fee.

M

Leave a comment:

• Ken Russell
    replied
    Talk to client co... they *might* not have been invoiced by ECS yet, there *might* be a way to do it direct?

M
    they have been invoiced but have not yet paid them, thats the gutting thing as I know the money owed will be paid to them and then go to the other creditors before us ! (5 of us involved via the one client company)

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    Unfortunately I have finished the contract, stopped being paid as soon as i finished !!
    Talk to client co... they *might* not have been invoiced by ECS yet, there *might* be a way to do it direct?

M

Leave a comment:

• Ken Russell
    replied
    Unfortunately I have finished the contract, stopped being paid as soon as i finished !!

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Pity it’s only been mentioned on here about 4,000 times

Expect 2p (at most) from any £1 owed you

At least you can work direct with client now, or switch agencies ?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Givcen i just had to google that...what do you think !!

Pity it’s only been mentioned on here about 4,000 times

Expect 2p (at most) from any £1 owed you

At least you can work direct with client now, or switch agencies ?

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    Can't say I'm *that* surprised.

Was through them for 2 years. Started all ok, couple of people left and the the ones who stayed always seems a little on the back foot with regards renewals. Had to chase payments a couple of times near the end (pre Covid) but resolved within a day or two.

Then a month or so ago, had an email out of the blue from an accounts person. They'd been compromised and their OneDrive/SharePoint was being used to phish the contact list.

M

Leave a comment:

• Ken Russell
    replied
    re ipse+

Givcen i just had to google that...what do you think !!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You got IPSE+ cover?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X