• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How far can you go with company expense? Treadmill?"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    Something I would not consider but world has gone to sh*t and the govt care little about us ltd contractors while handing money out to everyone except us.

I am seeing out the rest of my contact working from home and my knees are now playing up due to lack of movements.

So does buying a treadmill constitute company expense for employee's well-being?

I won't bother asking about a conservatory to put it in ....
    Are you a personal trainer streaming keep fit classes over the net to the great unwashed and unhealthy?

If so, yes. If not, no. Crack on.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Were you a member of the Royle family in a past life?
    FTFY - Still is...[emoji12]

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Back in the day I expensed a company race horse

Ohhh the good old days

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Were you a member of the Royal family in a past life?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    General please. Nothing professional about this question. Only General allows the type of response this one requires.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Ohhh the good old days

That's marketing though - which is an entirely different can of worms

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Something I would not consider but world has gone to sh*t and the govt care little about us ltd contractors while handing money out to everyone except us.

I am seeing out the rest of my contact working from home and my knees are now playing up due to lack of movements.

So does buying a treadmill constitute company expense for employee's well-being?

Ohhh the good old days

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    just thought if companies are setting up online therapy sessions for their work from home employees why not. The gain from therapy is not really exclusively for work.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    You're allowed to go outside for exercise during the lockdown. Running is free.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri F
    replied
    Since it's not related directly to your business activity - HMRC guidance on "benefits in kind" hasn't changed much in this extraordinary environment,
    you will have to pay income tax and NI on such expense.

Therefore it would be much easier (saving on bureaucratic hurdle via excessive form reporting)
    to make regular PAYE (or cheaper way: via Dividend if not in IR35)
    and then make this purchase on your personal account (not business).

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

No, it doesn't meet the solely for business use criteria that HMRC use.

It's like asking if the LG's new OLED 48" TV is an allowed purchase - it's a monitor but being at home I couldn't justify it. Sat in separate office premises you probably could.

Leave a comment:

• How far can you go with company expense? Treadmill?

Working...
X