• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another farcical situation...."

Collapse

• GigiBronz
    replied
    words might change when it has to come in written...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    It's not Client A's practices you have to worry about, it's consultancy C's as they are the contractors end client and are making the SDS determination.

If consultancy C are telling you how and when to engage with Client A and are checking up on performance of their "consultants" with Client A then you are on a sticky wicket.
    I've never seen anyone from Consultancy C

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    In fairness the working practices at Client A is pretty good, not perfect but good enough
    It's not Client A's practices you have to worry about, it's consultancy C's as they are the contractors end client and are making the SDS determination.

If consultancy C are telling you how and when to engage with Client A and are checking up on performance of their "consultants" with Client A then you are on a sticky wicket.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    If consultancy C tells all its contractors "You will work for Client A doing whatever they tell you to do, in the way they tell you to do it, until we tell you otherwise" then it starts sounding suspiciously like an inside gig anyway.
    In fairness the working practices at Client A is pretty good, not perfect but good enough

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I am working for end Client A

Client A engages contractors through Consultancy B and C

Consultancy B uses Agents D

Agent D uses Agent E

Consultancy C use Agents Fx

There is a real risk that Consultancy C blankets everyone inside, where as Consultancy B does a role by role assessment and is determined outside.

So to me it seems farcical that two contractors can have job title, same working practices (as they come from the client not the consultancy) but have two different determinations.

I know this is a very niche case but it can't be that rare
    If consultancy C tells all its contractors "You will work for Client A doing whatever they tell you to do, in the way they tell you to do it, until we tell you otherwise" then it starts sounding suspiciously like an inside gig anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What does ClientA say?

If A=HSBC then we can guess....

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Grass em up, drag them down with you. HTHBIDI

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by simes View Post
    In the fullness of time it will likely not be that niche, nor rare.

Fx ?
    I'm not sure if they use one Agency or many like the other lot

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    In the fullness of time it will likely not be that niche, nor rare.

Fx ?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Another farcical situation....

Another farcical situation....

I am working for end Client A

Client A engages contractors through Consultancy B and C

Consultancy B uses Agents D

Agent D uses Agent E

There is a real risk that Consultancy C blankets everyone inside, where as Consultancy B does a role by role assessment and is determined outside.

So to me it seems farcical that two contractors can have job title, same working practices (as they come from the client not the consultancy) but have two different determinations.

I know this is a very niche case but it can't be that rare

Working...
X