• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Need help with HMRC repayment of income tax cheque!!"

Collapse

• Jess inniAccounts
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I 'think' they send a cheque when they don't have your bank details. IIRC the SATR form has a section for your bank details in case a refund is due. If you don't fill it in, you'll get a cheque. Maybe.
    That's right.

You should be able to call HMRC on 0300 200 3310, cancel the cheque and give them your bank details to obtain a BACS refund.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I 'think' they send a cheque when they don't have your bank details. IIRC the SATR form has a section for your bank details in case a refund is due. If you don't fill it in, you'll get a cheque. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    Cheques lol what year is it

It's like when I was in Japan and had to make a student loan payment and they would only accept a cheque, something Japan doesn't have.

In the end had to get a mate to send them a cheque from their own account and transfer them the £15 they had decided was my payment for that year. Presumably they couldn't make head nor tails of the payslip I sent them that was all in Japanese and Yen.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Just contact HMRC and ask them to pay into your bank account.

Leave a comment:

• Need help with HMRC repayment of income tax cheque!!

Hello everybody!
    I was living in the UK for 4 years and last year i moved bk to slovakia. Last year 06.12.2018 i got a cheque about a repayment of income tax, and also this year 06.08.2019 i got another one. In slovakia my bank can't pay that cheque, and the another bank asking 10% and i need to open an account with them what is 7 euro monthly and the waiting for payment is minimum 6 weeks so i doubt that. So is any chance the uk banks will accept my friend to reclaim the money if ill write a document says i nominated him to receive this payment in my behalf?
    Or i just contact HMRC i can't use the cheques in my country and they'll pay me to my bank account??

Working...
X