• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are electronic receipts acceptable?"

Collapse

• WLB2018
    replied
    Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    Some (many?) years back you needed a dispensation from HMRC to store reciepts in a digital format rather than retaining the paper copies (I ran a project where we were automating documents received in the post room and scanning them into Oracle for storage and needed to negotiate the dispensation).

These days as long as the receipts are in a legible format then it's largely irrelevant whether it's paper or digital. I take a photo of mine, attach them to the transaction in Freeagent, then discard / destroy the paper. Means that I can get the expense into the accounts quickly too.
    Same here, why keep them? More likely to get lost or damaged, just keep a backup and a backup of the backup to be safe HAHA

WLB

Leave a comment:

• handyandy
    replied
    Just make sure they have the right information on it (registered company number and VAT registration on it).

Leave a comment:

• Craig@Clarity
    replied
    As long as it is in a readable format and you copy both side (if there's relevant information on t'other side). If you're using an online cloud based accounting system, you should have the option to link and store them alongside the actual transaction.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Since many receipts fade after six months it may be the only way to record and store them.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Some (many?) years back you needed a dispensation from HMRC to store reciepts in a digital format rather than retaining the paper copies (I ran a project where we were automating documents received in the post room and scanning them into Oracle for storage and needed to negotiate the dispensation).

These days as long as the receipts are in a legible format then it's largely irrelevant whether it's paper or digital. I take a photo of mine, attach them to the transaction in Freeagent, then discard / destroy the paper. Means that I can get the expense into the accounts quickly too.

Leave a comment:

• cannon999
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Google says yes.
    I just wanted to check with you

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Google says yes.

Leave a comment:

• cannon999
    started a topic Are electronic receipts acceptable?

Are electronic receipts acceptable?

Train tickets, uber rides etc all provide with eletronic documentation. Is this acceptable for tax purposes?

Working...
X