• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Company Credit Cards"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied

Just noticed that Curve now works with PayPal so it'll be interesting to see if you can set an Amex card to be the payment card.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2022 View Post

AFAIK taking it as cash has tax implications where as Avios doesn't

Do you use CapitalOnTap's FreeAgent integration? If so is it OK?

Currently trying to decide whether to go CapitalOnTap or Amex for a business card. Although I'd prefer to collect Amex points (as they're portable) will probably go CapitalOnTap for the FreeAgent feed, and the lower foreign currency charges.
    Sorry, I missed your reply.

I don't use FreeAgent, I'm a Xero user. The integration has worked fine for both CoT and Amex.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 10 October 2023, 16:26.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2022
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I've had that card for years. I pay it off every month so have no idea what the interest rate is. If the balance is less than a fiver then they don't bother triggering the DD (something I only found out this week when I wondered why my debt of £3.50 wasn't collected). I tend to move the points to BA Avios rather than take it as cash but that's my personal preference.
    AFAIK taking it as cash has tax implications where as Avios doesn't

Do you use CapitalOnTap's FreeAgent integration? If so is it OK?

Currently trying to decide whether to go CapitalOnTap or Amex for a business card. Although I'd prefer to collect Amex points (as they're portable) will probably go CapitalOnTap for the FreeAgent feed, and the lower foreign currency charges.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
    Ressurecting for 2023 given the high interest enviornment.

What's best for 2023?

I'm hearing good things about Capital on Tap 1% cashback

https://www.capitalontap.com/en/business-credit-cards/
    I've had that card for years. I pay it off every month so have no idea what the interest rate is. If the balance is less than a fiver then they don't bother triggering the DD (something I only found out this week when I wondered why my debt of £3.50 wasn't collected). I tend to move the points to BA Avios rather than take it as cash but that's my personal preference.

Leave a comment:

• BigLadFromBeeston666
    replied
    Ressurecting for 2023 given the high interest enviornment.

What's best for 2023?

I'm hearing good things about Capital on Tap 1% cashback

https://www.capitalontap.com/en/business-credit-cards/

Leave a comment:

• FMCG
    replied

There are no means by which you can pay HMRC fee free by card and earn points.

Regarding reward schemes, what sort of rewards are you after? Cashback? Airline / hotel points?
    Thanks.

"Cashback" or "Air Miles" possibly? (Would have opted AMEX Gold for the 30,000+ points but cannot pay HMRC via such).

Only toying with replacing cards as the bank with "the black horse(s)" are absolutely dire wrt customer service in the credit/charge card section.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by FMCG View Post
    Hi.

Anyone have good recommendations for 2022? Naturally, would prefer to be able to qualify for some type of reward scheme whilst ability to use to pay HMRC with no fee(s). (Matters little over Credit or Charge type card).

There are no means by which you can pay HMRC fee free by card and earn points.

Regarding reward schemes, what sort of rewards are you after? Cashback? Airline / hotel points?

Leave a comment:

• FMCG
    replied
    Hi.

Anyone have good recommendations for 2022? Naturally, would prefer to be able to qualify for some type of reward scheme whilst ability to use to pay HMRC with no fee(s). (Matters little over Credit or Charge type card).

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Originally posted by Orangecat View Post
    Does it work with paypal mastercard and AMEX?thx
    MC/Visa only and there's a 1% fee.

Leave a comment:

• Orangecat
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Current Idea;

Signed up to a business Paypal account, with that you can get issued a MasterCard debit card, link my corporate AMEX and pay HMRC with the Paypal card.

Will let you know if it works

Business Debit Card - Mastercard for Business | PayPal UK
    Does it work with paypal mastercard and AMEX?thx

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Do you know who they are moving to?
    Bringing the e-money facility inhouse, I believe. They emailed about it in April as part of their planned roadmap.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Lots of fintech companies used Wirecard for payments processing.

Curve were already in the process of moving off Wirecard and their plan was to be free of them by the end of June.
    Do you know who they are moving to?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by sludgesurfer View Post
    I see Curve are caught up in the Wirecard scandal....where 1.6 billion Euros was found to be missing from their accounts leading to the collapse of the company and the arrest of the CEO.

EY taking some heat as the auditor for the last ten years. EY saying that they "uncovered the scandal".....if by "uncovered" they mean - "we read the FT" - who have been reporting on this train wreck for months - then they might have a point.

The FT has a quote from curve saying that their payments system should be available again from this morning with money safely held by 3rd party. I no longer have a Curve card to confirm.
    Lots of fintech companies used Wirecard for payments processing.

Curve were already in the process of moving off Wirecard and their plan was to be free of them by the end of June.

Leave a comment:

• sludgesurfer
    replied
    I see Curve are caught up in the Wirecard scandal....where 1.6 billion Euros was found to be missing from their accounts leading to the collapse of the company and the arrest of the CEO.

EY taking some heat as the auditor for the last ten years. EY saying that they "uncovered the scandal".....if by "uncovered" they mean - "we read the FT" - who have been reporting on this train wreck for months - then they might have a point.

The FT has a quote from curve saying that their payments system should be available again from this morning with money safely held by 3rd party. I no longer have a Curve card to confirm.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I've linked my Amex card to my business paypal with no problems, I've then removed my bank account leaving only the credit card.

Will have to wait for the debit card to be sent before I can try it out

Fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X