• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Leasing a performance hybrid car"

Collapse

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Dazza666 View Post
    Hello, I wonder if anyone can provide some guidance.

I have been running my company for little under a year, I want to get a company car but not sure if I would be better off leasing it personally or through the company.

Now, as far as I understand it, if you want to get a fairly high powered car, it works out better to lease it personally, and claim milage back through the company.

But, the twist to this tale is I am looking at a performance hybrid - specifically the Volvo XC60 T8, which I believe has a lower BIK, which is the single biggest reason against getting a company car with a larger engine

I could be talking rubbish though, hence my question - can anyone advise what the best thing to do here would be?
    The generally accepted advice is buy, lease or PCP a new car as a private individual. If you buy or lease as a company car you'll end up paying Employer's and Employees NI on it so you will be paying twice.

There may be an advantage with a zero emission car ie totally electric but even then, a BIK was introduced last year whereas it had previously been zero.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Mine's only broken down twice! Clutch position sensor and then engine RPM sensor. Both times in first fortnight of ownership. Fingers crossed ok since...

The Ferrari F430 engine in it is largely bulletproof, and F1 gearbox too (also Ferrari), only gripe is clutch wear. Other than that the QPV is pretty reliable. That paddle-shift F1 box is great tho, a smile-generator if ever there was one.
    You've only had it three weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    I’ve never heard of a Volvo being called a performance car before.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Maserati's break down so often they're good for the environment.
    Mine's only broken down twice! Clutch position sensor and then engine RPM sensor. Both times in first fortnight of ownership. Fingers crossed ok since...

The Ferrari F430 engine in it is largely bulletproof, and F1 gearbox too (also Ferrari), only gripe is clutch wear. Other than that the QPV is pretty reliable. That paddle-shift F1 box is great tho, a smile-generator if ever there was one.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Pollution
    All around
    Sometimes up
    Sometimes down
    But always around
    We're on different buses, pollution
    But we're both using petrol
    Bombs....

Get a Maserati, stuff the environment, forget BIK...
    Maserati's break down so often they're good for the environment.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied

I have been running my company for little under a year, I want to get a company car but not sure if I would be better off leasing it personally or through the company.

Now, as far as I understand it, if you want to get a fairly high powered car, it works out better to lease it personally, and claim milage back through the company.

But, the twist to this tale is I am looking at a performance hybrid - specifically the Volvo XC60 T8, which I believe has a lower BIK, which is the single biggest reason against getting a company car with a larger engine

I could be talking rubbish though, hence my question - can anyone advise what the best thing to do here would be?
    Have a look at the BMW 330E

Leave a comment:

• Mag
    replied
    Pollution
    All around
    Sometimes up
    Sometimes down
    But always around
    Bombs....

Amen sister

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Pollution
    All around
    Sometimes up
    Sometimes down
    But always around
    Bombs....

Leave a comment:

• Darren at Fox-Bartfield
    replied
    Company Cars

You may find the link here useful, HMRC's car BIK calculator so you can make comparisons with other vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    what's more important to you?

a) money
    b) tax
    c) flashy car

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    can anyone advise what the best thing to do here would be?
    Your accountant?

Leave a comment:

• Dazza666
    started a topic Leasing a performance hybrid car

Leasing a performance hybrid car

Working...
X