• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Simon Dolan back in the game."

Collapse

• radish2008
    replied
    Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    I am fairly sure you left post Sep 14?
    I did. But looking back before 14 it wasn't much better.

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    radish2008 - Don't get too comfortable - some of us suffered that spreadsheet for far too long and got awful service from SJD before we left.
    SimonDolan - /care
    I still do, very much. I certainly wouldn't have got back into it if I didn't.

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    Don't get too comfortable - some of us suffered that spreadsheet for far too long and got awful service from SJD before we left.
    I am fairly sure you left post Sep 14?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    radish2008 - Don't get too comfortable - some of us suffered that spreadsheet for far too long and got awful service from SJD before we left.
    SimonDolan - /care

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    Thank you - very kind of you to say.
    Don't get too comfortable - some of us suffered that spreadsheet for far too long and got awful service from SJD before we left.

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wijay@WISAccountancy View Post
    Startup entreprenuers like us strive to be like you one day! What you did for contractors and freelancers is quite legendary! Welcome back and wish you all the very best....
    Thank you - very kind of you to say.

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    Disappointingly, there was not one mention of the single biggest factor in Simon Dolan's path to mega millionaire status - THE SPREADSHEET!

BBC journalism clearly isn't what it used to be, LOL.
    I spoke for at least 20 mins to the journo about the spreadsheet. In hindsight I think she probably had never heard of one...

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    But definitely not for tax reasons!!!
    I often sit in my garden of an evening, supping a Guinness, and wondering how to escape the dual risks of burglary and intense media scrutiny. Now I’ve stumbled across the answer on a web forum!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Oh, that too. It’s a short list, but growing. Burglary; intense media scrutiny.
    But definitely not for tax reasons!!!

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Or you get sick of the intense media scrutiny..
    Oh, that too. It’s a short list, but growing. Burglary; intense media scrutiny.

Leave a comment:

• Wijay@WISAccountancy
    replied
    Welcome back!

Well, it's like deja vu all over again isn't it. Thanks for the sincere and heartfelt welcome backs from the competition :-)

Am very excited about the new project - is great to be able to design something from the ground up with all the experience of the past 20+years of what works. Comes down eventually of course to the same thing- how can we make your lives easier- think we have something unique.

Happy to answer any questions here or of course email etc. Am sure blatant at plugs are still frowned upon here, but you did ask Alan.

PS what spreadsheets....?
    Startup entreprenuers like us strive to be like you one day! What you did for contractors and freelancers is quite legendary! Welcome back and wish you all the very best....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I was just about to quote the same line.

If I ever suffer a break in, I’m going straight to Monaco. The safest place on Earth.
    Or you get sick of the intense media scrutiny..

Like many others who settle abroad, [Lewis] Hamilton denied that avoidance of tax was his motive. He said that he wanted to escape intensive media scrutiny.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Spoken like a true accountant
    I was just about to quote the same line.

If I ever suffer a break in, I’m going straight to Monaco. The safest place on Earth.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    In 2013, Mr Dolan left the UK for Monaco, a tax haven, where he still lives with his wife and two sons, aged 13 and 16.
    "Our house was broken into and it was nasty. I have a young family and I didn't want to live in a place where I don't feel safe.
    "So I started researching and found Monaco is one of the safest places to live. It was nothing to do with tax but it's a nice by-product."
    Spoken like a true accountant

Leave a comment:

• rocketjet
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    Disappointingly, there was not one mention of the single biggest factor in Simon Dolan's path to mega millionaire status - THE SPREADSHEET!

BBC journalism clearly isn't what it used to be, LOL.
    Who could’ve imagined an EXCEL spreadsheet could generate £80M!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X