• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Setting Up Company - Private Address..."

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You got that the wrong way around in honour of a fallen comrade?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FTFY
    You got that the wrong way around in honour of a fallen comrade?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have you asked your accountant?

Leave a comment:

• AndreaG
    replied
    company setup & mail service

Originally posted by le3ky View Post
    I'm about to set up my limited company, and wanted some advice on the multitude of websites out there that offer to set it up for you. I'm pretty much just after the registered and director address services tbh, pretty active on social media under my full name and would rather not give people quick access to where my family lives...

Do I get anything else from these services? They talk about emailing you certificates and all that, don;t you get all this when you go directly with companies house anyway?

So for the privacy aspect, I think I'll be taking that route... Any recommendations for who to pick? Cheers
    I used CompaniesMadeSimple to set up my company - and also use their Registered Office and Service Address services to keep my home address private. They post my mail to me, but also have other options - e.g. scan & email, or mail collection from their London office.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yup.

Leave a comment:

• TheBA
    replied
    Is this something a lot of people do?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by le3ky View Post
    I'm about to set up my limited company, and wanted some advice on the multitude of websites out there that offer to set it up for you. I'm pretty much just after the registered and director address services tbh, pretty active on social media under my full name and would rather not give people quick access to where my family lives...

Do I get anything else from these services? They talk about emailing you certificates and all that, don;t you get all this when you go directly with companies house anyway?

So for the privacy aspect, I think I'll be taking that route... Any recommendations for who to pick? Cheers
    Most accountants offer a Registered Address service as part of the package, just ask them about it.

Some of the online creation services are a bit of a rip off as well. Anyone wanting to charge you more than £50 or suggesting you need any other forms of business registration or certification should be avoided.

You may well end up getting spammed for "additional services" as well and the really unscrupulous ones may cause you grief down the line if the registration wasn't done correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Darren at Fox-Bartfield
    replied
    Reg Office

Could ask your accountant to provide the addresses?

Leave a comment:

• Andy O
    replied
    If you don't want your private address to be seen on the companies house web site you can ask your accountant to use their address to be your company's registered address. You can also use this address as your service address for any directors too. This cost me £70 a year and they will forward any post to you.

Leave a comment:

• l35kee
    started a topic Setting Up Company - Private Address...

Setting Up Company - Private Address...

Working...
X