• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Advise about my first P60!!!"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Get an Accountant - quick.....
    +100

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Advice....

Leave a comment:

• john@UKCA
    replied
    Tax refund

If you are going to pay yourself nil for march 16 and are on a cumulative tax code you will get a tax refund through the payroll system-will save the hassle of completing a Tax Return to get this back from HMRC Alternatively wait about 2 years for HMRC to pick it up and repay it.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    If you're not going to pay yourself a salary for this tax year why not save yourself the faff and register as an employer at the start of the new tax year instead?
    Makes sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    If you're not going to pay yourself a salary for this tax year why not save yourself the faff and register as an employer at the start of the new tax year instead?

Leave a comment:

• john@UKCA
    replied
    P45/P60

You would have received a P45 when your left your previous employment. When you set the payroll up for March 16 you will need to key in the P45 figures for gross pay & tax deducted before processing nil pay for March 16.

You should them be able to produce the P60 showing nil pay for this employment and the figures for the previous employment.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Please provide us with more details.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Get an Accountant - quick.....

Leave a comment:

• Zorbas
    started a topic Advise about my first P60!!!

Advise about my first P60!!!

All,

Before I raise my query please note this is my first post, so forgive me of any mistake/omission etc. Any comment/advise is more than welcome.

Situation:
    I was always working as permanent and I decided for first time to try as contractor. In Feb I set up my first LTD and I started working in Mar. In the next couple of days I am planning to register my LTD as an employer, so that I can start paying a salary to myself (Director).

Question:
    Since my first salary will be around end of Apr, how am I supposed to issue a P60? I have no salary from my first day (beginning of Mar) to 5th of Apr, what info should I show to P60? Is there any problem with the fact I haven't paid a salary for March?

Please let me know If you want me to provide more information/details.

Many thanks

Working...
X