• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Acct is charging me annual return fee"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    InTouch include it. My previous (more expensive) accountant didn't. But it's £13, so hardly a deal breaker.
    This

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    InTouch include it. My previous (more expensive) accountant didn't. But it's £13, so hardly a deal breaker.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    To be fair, unless specified elsewhere, it would be like going on an all inclusive holiday - getting your personal concierge to phone you a taxi, and then complaining that the taxi isn't free.

Like, the barclays personal assistant service if you have a premium account (or whatever it's called) can get you taxis, flowers, theatre tickets - but you still have to pay for them.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    I wouldn't expect it to be included, but I wouldn't expect to be charged VAT on it either as it is a disbursement (make sure you haven't been).

Edit: Contreras makes a good point above re: VAT and disbursements too.

Leave a comment:

• JonNorris@Crunch
    replied
    Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    No big deal IMHO, it's only £13 once a year.
    That would equal £150k plus for people like SJD though. I imagine some small firms will pay it but I'm not aware of any of the big boys that would.

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    You are better off if the accountant passes on the cost separately (as a disbursement). It could instead be lumped into the service fee as a hidden cost but would then be subject to VAT.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Normal. NW do all the work for me then just tell me to log on and pay the £13. No big deal its £13.

Leave a comment:

• ContrataxLtd
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Wouldn't MSC start to be a potential problem if you expect this or is it too small to bee an issue?
    I don't see it being an issue at all, it's just part of the agreed service that part of the accountants fees covers this as a disbursement. MSC shouldn't come into play on this one for me.

Martin
    Contratax Ltd

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    £13. Isn't that less than a pint of milk these days? Actually, I am not sure. I must ask my butler.

Leave a comment:

• Maslins
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I don't know, what's the buzz from the accountants on here ? Are they trying to hive off extra fees from this ?
    We'll help the client complete it where required, but we won't pay the £13 fee. Appreciate it's a bit different, but it's not that dissimilar to us helping a client with their corporation tax return...doesn't mean we pay the liability for them.

I have seen some accountants who actually pay the £13 fee out of their own pocket. No big deal IMHO, it's only £13 once a year.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Wouldn't MSC start to be a potential problem if you expect this or is it too small to bee an issue?
    I don't know, what's the buzz from the accountants on here ? Are they trying to hive off extra fees from this ?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Ive been with three now and this wasn't included in any. It's a fee on my company so TBH I wouldn't expect it to be included.
    ^^ This. Does your accountant pay your VAT from fees too ?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Ive been with three now and this wasn't included in any. It's a fee on my company so TBH I wouldn't expect it to be included.

Leave a comment:

• ContrataxLtd
    replied
    Originally posted by jolly fellopian View Post
    Hi,
    My accountant's original quotation said the monthly fee would be "All Inclusive of...Annual return submission to companies house".

They have just charged me the £13 CH fee to me saying this is "not their charge". This is my company's first year. What is the convention here, do Accountants fees generally only cover the work needed to submit the return, or should they cover the fee too? "All inclusive" seems fairly unequivocal to me.

Many thanks,
    JF
    Hi Jolly,

All accountants will vary on this so you need to refer to your engagement letter/terms and conditions to see exactly what is included in the fixed fee. A lot of accountants will exclude this charge as it is payable to an outside organisation (Companies House), that said, I know of some accountants who do include this fee within the all inclusive service (we do for example).

For the sake of £13 it's probably not going to be a deal breaker for you but give your accountant a nudge and see if they can explain this to you.

Hope this helps.

Martin
    Contratax Ltd

Leave a comment:

Working...
X