• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Not vey impressed with InTouch"

Collapse

• new2c
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I have a funny feeling she may already be aware of the situation and exactly who it is. Can't be too many people asking about caravans
    Ha Ha, You're spot-on, NLUK.

Leave a comment:

• JB3000
    replied
    I've got a feeling you aren't going to be overly happy with SJD, NW and so on either TBH. I can't help think there maybe a slight expectation issue here and the only way to settle this is to try another one for yourself. There could also be an element around knowing your own finances to a certain limit and the caravan question kinda shows this needs a bit of tweaking. I'm thinking you need a bit more help than most and InTouch might not have recognised this..

Either way.. The trust has broken down as you are asking for second opinions from a load of strangers that don't exactly hold you in the highest esteem at the moment so you've got to shut up and leave. You have got to trust your accountant.

Time ignore this thread and get on with finding another accountant.
    Somehow I don't think this guy is going to find another accountant that cancels their fees when he's not working, advises on the benefit system (absolute classic!), reviews contracts for IR35 and still be as cheap as intouch. He's definitely going to stay with intouch. I really feel sorry for intouch tbh.

But I completely agree with the NLUK's post, he should definitely move to this magical firm of accountants that does all the aforementioned if he really does have a problem. Smells like a sockie/keyboard warrior to me. The caravan debacle says it all.
    Last edited by JB3000; 18 June 2015, 05:33.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Fair enough, but did you give Louisa a call as suggested here, and was she able to help resolve your issues?
    I have a funny feeling she may already be aware of the situation and exactly who it is. Can't be too many people asking about caravans

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you tried asking Freeagent? Hmm doesn't have that ring to it.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by new2c View Post
    I don't mind the banter and don't care what some random frootcake thinks about me or my question. Again, this was only my review of the service I received and I followed up in post#40 here.
    Fair enough, but did you give Louisa a call as suggested here, and was she able to help resolve your issues?

Leave a comment:

• new2c
    replied
    I don't mind the banter and don't care what some random frootcake thinks about me or my question. Again, this was only my review of the service I received and I followed up in post#40 here.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Also, how about using Freeagent on your own without engaging any accountant, a common myth is that you need an accountant to do your year end accounts, is this true?
    I think this may be a very good suggestion for you - you don't need an accountant, so if you don't like the one you've got then do the accounts yourself.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I've got a feeling you aren't going to be overly happy with SJD, NW and so on either TBH. I can't help think there maybe a slight expectation knowledge and/or sockie issue here and the only way to settle this is to try another one for yourself forum. There could also be an element around knowing your own finances to a certain limit and the caravan question kinda shows this needs a bit of tweaking. I'm thinking you need a bit more help than most and InTouch might not have recognised this..

Either way.. The trust has broken down as you are asking for second opinions from a load of strangers that don't exactly hold you in the highest esteem at the moment so you've got to shut up and leave. You have got to trust your accountant.

Fixd.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    As others have rightly pointed out that YMMV.

I got the recommendation for InTouch from this forum, with multiple 'happy chappy' customers decribing them to be ultra excellent and how it has been a match made in heaven.

I did not find them to be good when they made mistake even after pointing to them and failed to provide the IR35 assesment they claim they include as part of monthly package. Most of the time they didn't seem to be bothered.

There are hundreds of product and service reviews online and mine is another one of those, some of you seem to deliberately picked up points which can divert the discussion but I don't mind as there are some useful replies as well.
    I've got a feeling you aren't going to be overly happy with SJD, NW and so on either TBH. I can't help think there maybe a slight expectation issue here and the only way to settle this is to try another one for yourself. There could also be an element around knowing your own finances to a certain limit and the caravan question kinda shows this needs a bit of tweaking. I'm thinking you need a bit more help than most and InTouch might not have recognised this..

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I'm happy with inTouch, but I've never asked them about JSA or caravans. They did once give me duff advice on a flu jab which could have cost me all of £2.50, but they corrected it.
    I've never asked about JSA or caravans.

I asked Clare about stopping payroll when I was long-term benched, and it was no problem. But then I found some work so there was no point. They also chased down the £1500 (somewhere near that) tax rebate for me that my previous accountant had let go for years.

I won't pretend for a second that they are perfect, but if I was looking for perfection in any of my suppliers, I think I'd have a long long wait. And since it's a competitive market, it's not hard to move on when you are dissatisfied - that's how I moved from my last accountant to InTouch in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

I got the recommendation for InTouch from this forum, with multiple 'happy chappy' customers decribing them to be ultra excellent and how it has been a match made in heaven.

I did not find them to be good when they made mistake even after pointing to them and failed to provide the IR35 assesment they claim they include as part of monthly package. Most of the time they didn't seem to be bothered.

There are hundreds of product and service reviews online and mine is another one of those, some of you seem to deliberately picked up points which can divert the discussion but I don't mind as there are some useful replies as well.
    Out of interest, how long have you been unhappy with them and have you changed accountants yet?

Leave a comment:

• new2c
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I'm happy with inTouch, but I've never asked them about JSA or caravans. They did once give me duff advice on a flu jab which could have cost me all of £2.50, but they corrected it.

Leave a comment:

• Panzerbjrn
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    OP - Im with you on this one here. If you told them you're plan then it seems very much like they're attitude as I originally said is based around the premise of "can't be arsed to do the paperwork so I'll fob him off". Very poor Intouch.
    While I can't say much about the rest of the thread, I had a poor experience with InTouch as well and left them fairly quickly.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think we've concluded that InTouch are not experts when it comes to JSA or Caravans. Neither of those are a big part of my accounting needs so I think I'll stick with them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X